“great meal experience”

Cross street: Magnolia Avenue
Pell City, Alabama
“great meal experience”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was a great meal. The only reason we didn't give it a 5 is that 3 of our party of 4 had hamburgers. We started our evening at the bar. The bar opens at 3 (unlike others in the area). We were staying at the Highlands next door and were attending a concert at Alys Stephens that evening. We had eaten at Metroprime once before and enjoyed it. The bartenders were competent and engaging. The happy hour menu included a gourmet hamburger. A patron next to us was eating the burger and went on and on about how great the burger was. We came back at 6 for dinner. I had the main filet and everyone else was excited about the burger. We had the beef carpaccio as an appetizer. Everyone had steak fries. We also had creamed spinach. Everything was great. My filet was exceptional. Service was very good. Metro has a good wine list with many selections available by the glass. I'm not sure what could have been better. Yes, Metro is not inexpensive. My daughter took advantage of the complimentary valet - friendly and courteous.

• Visited August 2014

“Mildly disappointed”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with nice ambiance within walking distant of my hotel. I had the lobster risotto. It was tasty but a bit too "tomato-ey". I was asked if I'd like bread, and I replied yes. But I never got it. The service was just polite, not attentive. Was asked outright, "do you want change?" when the server picked up the payment. Lol. Um...

Birmingham, Alabama
“Continues to Be Inconsistent to the Extreme”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We wish to support locally owned restaurants, and have tried this restaurant at least 10 times since it opened (not a chain as mentioned in an earlier review). Service is variable (good today), but the food is extremely variable. I have had to apologize to friends whom went as I encouraged them to try it in the past... with a resultant bad experience. We were strongly hoping for a consistently good establishment in the location, but alas, we are VERY disappointed. This was our LAST visit to Metro Prime.

• Visited August 2014
“Tasty and a bit pricey”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the third time we have dined at MetroPrime. The food has been consistently very well cooked and presented each time. They do know how to prepare an excellent steak. Our favorite side remains their mushrooms. They are fabulous! This time I had a curried carrot ginger soup that was excellent. And their house salad is very nice also.

Atmosphere-wise, it is fairly quiet. There was a piano and song man there one night when we were there and that was enjoyable. It is more of an adult place I think, though families and children are certainly welcome.

Four stars, not five? Yes, because while the food is very good and the service has always been pretty decent, two of he times we dined here were because of coupon deals we purchased. Even then, it is still a little expensive for us. So, while I would return, there are places I feel provide better dollar value and are just as enjoyable. However, armed with the right coupon, I certainly would go again!

• Visited July 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Couples night out”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I went out to dinner with another couple on a Friday night. We had a Living Social coupon for a fixed menu dinner with house salad, signature steak and one side each that we paid $30 for. Our reservation was for 6:30 and table was ready. Our friends got there early and had the bacon lollipops and a drink at the bar - they said it was great. Restaurant was not crowded at all and we had a table by the front window.

Our server, David, was very rude the moment he came over. We then told him we had the coupons and he became downright unfriendly and rushed. We ordered drinks and two appetizers. The calamari was ok and the baked oysters were decent. The steaks were cooked perfectly and seasoned well...size was a little small. The broccoli was very good! Our friends upgraded to the Caesar salads and liked them. The house salad was what I expected. We had a couple more drinks during dinner.

We were discussing having desert and then walking next door to world of beer, but David brought our checks and asked for the Valet tickets. I thought maybe they validated them or something. We sat and chatted a little while longer and David literally asked us if we were ready to leave! There were not people waiting for a table and there were lots of open tables around us.....plus it was only 8:30. Without paying for the salad, steak or side (from coupon) my bill was still $70. We tipped on the full amount so I paid close to $100. Our friends bill was similar. I definitely think it was overpriced for what we got. If we had been a full paying customer I would have asked for a manager and not tipped at all. Our experience may have been better if it weren't for our server.

We went outside and our cars were waiting, which was a nice service, but we were going to go down the street. We decided to go ahead and head to another area of town for desert since our cars were waiting. After my experience I would not recommend it.....pay the same amount for a steak at Ruth's Chris or Flemings instead. Only go if you have some type of coupon or if they have a special!

• Visited July 2014