“THESE REVIEWS ARE NO JOKE!!!”

The Westin Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This place is phenomenal!!!! I am here for an athletic championship event. I only spent 1 night here and have 6 more to go and had to review it already. Everything I saw about this place is accurate. GORGEOUS, clean, modern and most of all, honestly....the friendliest, most accomodating staff I have encountered in a LONG time. I had asked for a room on top floor (9) as I am a light sleeper and away from elevator/vending knowing with a large event it may be tough. But... when I get here...9th floor!! Now, I was close to elevator...I mentioned it and yep...they moved me further away!!!! WONDERFUL!!! They greet me every time I go through lobby and most even know my name already!!! For the activity I have seen, it is VERY quiet. I LOVE IT!!! I also get feeling if it does get loud etc...they will handle it. Seem VERY interested in customer satisfaction. If you come to Birmingham...this is the place to go!!! The showers rock!!!! And the air system works great too!!!!! Big plus things for me along with a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: I like very top floor so no one above. Asked away from ice/vending and got it. QUIET. I can't re...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Dominique W,, and Jay of the front staff went out of their way to provide excellent service. Through no fault of their company's, the reservation had a glitch. They worked hard to make sure my guest and I were taken care of and kept the inconvenience to a bare minimum. Shay, in the Todd English pub, was a delight to have at our table serving and was a refreshing ray of sunshine the morning we left. Staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and it was surprising the number of times we were greeted by all of them, from the maid in the hallway to the valets out front. They all made it a point to say hello and ask how our day was going.
Wonderful place to stay and due to the front desk staff will definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed here for my birthday weekend, and it was wonderful. Nice, peaceful decor and the workout room was good. The front desk staff and the room service staff totally went above and beyond!! We will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear CaliAlisse,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable time at The Westin Birmingham. Moreover, we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

My family and I stay here for a get away weekend to see the sights in birmingham. The hotel is very nicely decorated. The room was very clean and spacious. The only problem I had with this hotel was the amenities. First, the parking is twelve dollars a day for self park. If you want valet then it is twenty a day. Second, this is the first hotel in avery long time that wifi was not included in the room price. If you want wifi it will cost $9 95 a day. For the price of the stay the amenities were lacking.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Hueyking,

Thank you for taking time to send your review of your stay at The Westin Birmingham. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in our Hotel.

Your point about having free Wi-Fi is one of interest; however, please note that we do offer complimentary Internet access in the lobby and surrounding area that we hope you will return and take advantage of.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I travel to Birmingham often for business and was pleasantly surprised to find a new hotel. I generally stay at the Sheraton which is in the same family and across the street from the Westin. The Sheraton is a huge convention hotel that needs updating although with its size I doubt it will ever feel comfortable. The Westin, which will probably be considered a 4 Star hotel, is brand new and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms are nice, the gym has brand new equipment and there is a decent restaurant. Now as for Todd English's restaurant - a few comments. The space is huge. I had dinner the first night at about 6:30 right after work. My main comment is that the music is too loud. If you are with a group of people you will have issues hearing each other. If you are traveling alone on business and want to relax- I found it too intrusive to do so. At a breakfast meeting the next morning, although the music was not as loud, it was again intrusive. I have been to Todd English's restaurants before and the food here was good. My dinner - the healthy option of salmon was a bit too salty...if you are serving a healthy option is should not be overwhelmingly salty. My breakfast was great although not exactly what I ordered. I did not point that out to the server who was trying very hard to please. I assume the kinks in the restaurant will be worked out. Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel for a visit to Birmingham. It will be even nicer when all of the shops and restaurants planed for the area are open.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stephanie H,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to provide us with feedback about your stay, and recommending the hotel to prospective guests.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My sister and I stayed in this newly opened hotel last week. It is an excellent hotel with most luxurious rooms and "Heavenly beds". The staff were exceptionally courteous and welcoming. Pamela, Dominique, Sharday, Willie, Eugene, Ralph, Devon and Russell. Nothing was too much trouble and we thoroughly appreciated their professionalism and caring. We were overwhelmed with the litlle personal farewell notes, the Westin candle and the general attention to detail. This hotel deserves to do well.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My wife surprised me with concert tickets for Valentines Day, my job was to book a room. Since I am a frequent traveler I have accumulated lots of points and thought it was a good opportunity to burn some. I tried the Sheraton first, having stayed there before but they were full. They transferred me to the Westin which I was unaware of. We drove down and pulled in Friday afternoon and from that moment we got out of the car till we pulled away Sunday morning all I can say is WOW! I have never had a more pleasurable stay in a hotel EVER. After we learned that the hotel had just opened we expected some possible kinks but it was just the opposite. The staff was friendly, courteous, eager to please, and genuinely engaging. Not one employee was too busy to smile and say hello and welcome. The evening before the concert we hit the P.U.B. which is a bar/restaurant in the lobby of the hotel. I expected it to be packed, and it was, but the bar-staff did not miss a beat. I was able to sample several beers that I now love based upon the bartenders recommendations and the smiles and hospitable attitude continued until it was show time. We had planned on going out after but because our experience was so favorable I said "let's go back to the P.U.B.!!" and dragged our friends back with us. The next morning we decided to try our luck one more time and did brunch before we left. Again, top notch food and service, all the way! I regret I can not remember our servers name but she was amazing and was could not have treated us better. I know I am now gushing but I have traveled as a defense contractor to just about every corner of the world and all the while there is a hidden gem right in our own back yard. Keep up the great work Westin, my only regret will be that your continued success will keep us from ever getting another reservation because you are full!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple