“Great location for business travel”

The Westin Birmingham
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indy
“Great location for business travel”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Westin Birmingham. Great amenities and I can frankly state that I have never met nicer people. Everyone I encountered was so incredibly nice and helpful. Loved my stay even though I was there for business. Will definintely be back and would recommend to anyone visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Willipa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Thank you Westin for a wonderful experience in Birmingham! I stayed one night in Birmingham Alabama after my cousins wedding. I called a couple of times to make sure I would be in a nice room so my elderly mother would have what she needed. Being lifetime Platinum, I expected a nice welcome but had no idea they were going to give me the Penthouse Suite! It was an apartment and had 2 bedrooms that were as nice as they come. Modern in style, wonderful fresh robes all over the rooms, nice products, wonderful wonderful heavenly bed, great lighting and most of all, PERFECT service! We loved our stay from the beginning to the end. I've stayed in many hotels and this one is right up there with the best of them. (including, St. Regis in Rome, New York, Atlanta, Miami) They honored our 4:00 check out and gave us the best service ever! Thank you Westin!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There was nothing I can say to get a good room because we got the best room ever without asking.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed 12/21 for 2 nights. Parking in garage was $12. The hotel was DEAD. Todd English's was DEAD. The hotel was nice and new. The staff friendly. We did not eat at hotel or use any facilities. Sure I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yankee-peddler
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Gorgeous, clean and everything you would expect from the Westin. From the check-in to the room service, the staff couldn’t have been any better. It is located across the street from the BJCC and there is a skywalk to get there. We never even had to get out in the nasty weather to go see the concert at the BJCC. Excellent location. Beautiful hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I showed up just before midnight last night and found not a single employee in the lobby. One finally helped me and as she checked me, she realized that the key card machine for the hotel rooms was no longer working. 45 minutes later, I finally was up in my room, without a room key. one had to be slipped under my door later in the night. The only thing that the hotel offered me was additional starwood points. I travel weekly for work and would never stay in a Starwood hotel for any other reason. Though I don't fault the employees who were gracious and helpful, I don't understand how the hotel functions this way.

In addition, their "Early Grind Coffee" shop advertised in their elevator and lobby turned out to be two carafes that are put at the front desk each morning. I left my hotel at 7am and the coffee was empty. It seems that better organization and checking of what is going on in the hotel needs to happen at this hotel asap.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear lge091,

Thank you for posting your feedback from your visit with us. The room service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer. We apologize for the challenges you faced, and your matter will be look into with Hotel Leadership Staff.

Regards
Rather be in WDW
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Waited over 30 minutes in line to check-in, all kinds of confusion over a ticket I was supposed to get for breakfast - didn't get one, went to the desk "they were delivered to your room," nothing in the room, call, on hold for 10 minutes, "can we call you back after we look into it?" No - it's 11 pm and I'm going to sleep, forget it and what magically appears under my door in the morning?

After breakfast I ask for a copy of my receipt and specifically state, "I'm not checking out" - back to my room and the key doesn't work. Back to the front desk.

Facility is gorgeous, lived the room. Had hoped to get some work done - but I was surprised to learn they charge for wi-fi - so decided it could wait. Who still charges for wi-fi? Especially at those room rates, valet, and parking charges.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear jrbdad,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear about some of the challenges you encountered during your stay. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities. The information you've provided will aid us in making needed changes and improvements.
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

On our way from Arkansas to Florida, we stopped for the night in Birmingham. To find out this top-rated hotel cost the same as lesser brand hotels, didn't charge for my dog, and provided my dog with his own Heavenly dog bed could not be passed up. From the moment we pulled into valet to the time we left, they were so accommodating. PUB in the hotel was good but very pricey. I can't thank this Westin establishment enough for their hospitality, comfortable room, amazing shower, and smiles.

Stayed November 2013