The Westin Birmingham
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$180
US$158
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$157
US$142
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$110
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$272
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
US$132
All reviewsthe todd english puboctane coffeeconvention centerrain showerfront deskentertainment districtroom servicelobby barrooftop poolnice hotelrestaurants and barsself parkinghotel guestsbusiness hotelguest roomscheck in was a breezeparking deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

went for my friends birthday.... It was AMAZING! loved the rain shower!!!! Best part.... Bathrobes and comfy beds! I also loved the leaf shaped soap and the pool was wonderful!!! I will stay again! It was truly an incredible experience, made me feel safe in Birmingham.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Sarah H,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you had an incredible experience during your stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and when we succeed this makes us very happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have tried a few of the higher end hotels in Birmingham, and despite a major service snafu, the Westin will still be the place we return to. The facility is modern, fresh and clean. there is a lively bar scene and some easily accessed meal locations in the hotel and the nearby area, though breakfast was a bit under par at both the PUB restaurant and the Octane coffee shop. These are one-sink bathrooms, so a bit cramped. The AC was effective but a bit noisy. And if you want to sleep late, there will be the clatter of your neighbors leaving their rooms... a bit noisier than we prefer. The snafu, though was a room that remained unoccupied from 11AM, and unserviced by Housekeeping until 10PM and 3 phone calls, each of which they acknowledged. This was especially inconvenient for my wife and I to shower/get ready for dinner, then sit around waiting to get to bed while substitute housekeepers did their thing. We asked for extra creamers with the coffee service, which we got, along with a basket full of Coffee pods. Next AM we discovered all the pods were decaff !!
To be fair, they did discount that day's rate for our inconvenience. But we would rather just plain old competent service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello SoCalBuck,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with us during your stay. I am happy to hear that you will be returning to stay with us. I have passed on your concerns to management so the next time you return you and your wife will not be inconvenienced. Please contact me directly (@ angelica.thomas@westin.com) the next time you plan on staying with us, I would like to assist you during your stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I officiated a friend's wedding here on New Years. I was really surprised at what a lovely wedding venue it made. The staff was so incredibly helpful with everything and everyone. Beautiful hotel, cool location and nice rooms! Absolutely love this place. I also love that there's an Octane Coffee attached to it!

• Stayed: January 2014
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hi Allyson_86,

Thank you for writing a refreshing review about our staff and property! I am happy that we left a lasting impression on you! We hope you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It’s so nice to finally have a high end hotel in Birmingham. The Westin is alongside the Sheraton and both service the convention center which is adjacent. The hotel is brand new, opened just over a year ago. Everything looks brand spanking new and very clean, from the lobby to the guest rooms to the gym. There is a nice outdoor sitting area and pool on the second floor. Hip music in the common areas.

The guest rooms are modern and tastefully decorated, with plenty of lighting and storage space. There is a room safe and small fridge in the closet next to the coffee maker. Wifi was $9.95/day.

My only nit is that when I checked out the bill was not emailed to me as promised; I had to call the next day to get it. And when I pulled up to the valet in my rental car and inquired about parking options, they said it’s $22 for valet or I could park on the street for free. It was only when I pushed for more information and asked about self parking that they said yes, I could park in the adjacent garage for $11. Hmmmm. I think it was the convention center parking lot, connected by skyway to the hotel. Perhaps because I didn’t use in-and-out, I paid only $8 for the night.

Otherwise, a very nice hotel and a good experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jack783

Hello jack783,

Thank you for taking out the time to write a 5 star review about our property! I am happy to hear that overall you have a great experience. I do apologize for any incovenience you encountered during your stay and the miscommunication about parking cost. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Westin while passing through Birmingham. I was highly impressed by the courteous staff, clean and modern rooms, and very comfortable bed. Although we checked in near midnight, the staff were still very attentive and ready to help in any way possible. Because they did not have any standard king rooms available, we were upgraded to a deluxe king at no cost. It was also nice to have a noon checkout time as a standard rather than exception. I will definitely make a point of staying here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KYBATMAN

Hello KYBATMAN!
Thank you for you awesome 5 star review about our staff and property! I am excited to hear that you were highly impressed with our staff. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and are extremely pleased when we succeed. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our "Heavenly Bed." Refreshed to hear that the next time your in our city, you will stay with us. We look forward to see you! Until next time...