“Didn't even feel like Birmingham! ”

The Westin Birmingham
Ranked #15 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Didn't even feel like Birmingham! ”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Definitely an upscale, urban feel for Birmingham--a great addition to the city. I got there before my friend, so hung out at the lobby bar until she got there and thoroughly enjoyed my gin and tonic. The room was a fair size, beds comfortable, and room service tasty, though it took awhile to be delivered. The hotel is connected to the civic center, which made our commute to a concert very easy. What really sets this hotel apart is the concierge staff. They were extremely helpful in calling us a cab and making recommendations for nightlife in the city--and they had such a great, fun attitude! Only downside is the rooftop pool: it's very small. Definitely would recommend to a friend!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi allenrigby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing reivew about our hotel and exceptional concierge staff. We take pride in providing our guest with excellent service and I love to see that shine through. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Angelica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We chose this facility for a Memorial Day weekend "staycation." The rooms were nice and still had a new hotel feel to them. Our 6th-floor room, facing the entertainment district seemed well insulated from the noise below. The staff was personable and responsive to all of our requests, including moving us away from a wedding party to a different floor. We also enjoyed having half-a-dozen restaurants within a blocks walk. This is not a great hotel, but it is certainly one of the best in Birmingham.

Room Tip: For the best views, get the highest possible floor facing the entertainment district
4 Thank WWK764
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello WWK764,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, the hotel lobby is very nice and the room I stayed in (Room 905) was super nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the amenities in the room were top notch. The bathroom had a "rain" shower which was very nice. The hotels other facilities (i.e. workout room and pool ) were perfect and kept in very nice condition. The hotel had a restaurant that was nice but kind of expensive. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Birmingham.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi Sfiedor,

Thank you for writing a kind review about your recent stay with us. I am excited to hear that you would recommend our hotel and plan to stay here again. Until next time....

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

The staff of this Westin property know how to deliver top of the line service. There are too many to mention by name, but you will see what I mean when you visit.
The property is fresh and well kept. My room was spotless upon arrival, and I hope I get the opportunity to visit again.

Thank you very much Westin Staff!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Frank E,

Thank you for your kind review about our staff and property. Our staff takes pride in providing excellent service to all of our guest and creating "WOWing" experiences. I will pass on this refreshing review to them. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Memphis
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin in Birmingham, AL. The service was nice from the employees that worked there, and the staff inside the pub in the hotel were very good. I would stay again. The room was very comfortable.

Room Tip: The corner room on the top floor with the view on the end was awesome!
Green Features: I really didn't pay attention to the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hi Pamela C,

Thanks for taking the time to wrtie a review about you recent stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Kennett, Missouri
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a relatively new property. My wife and I enjoyed our overnight stay. The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone, front desk, the valet staff, the porters, and the maid were all very efficient and accommodating. The bed, as usual for a Westin, was very comfortable. The room was quiet. We got a good rate with Hotwire so our room had a view of the parking lot, but we did not mind. My wife especially liked the lighting in the bathroom for putting on her makeup. The shower was great. I was able to hook up my computer to the television with their HDMI port and watched some television shows that we brought. I did not like the carpeting design, but my wife said it was supposed to look modern. Perhaps it did, but I did not like the color or design. The elevators are zippy. The valet parking was about $22. I would return to stay at the Westin if I got a good rate. We did not use any of their exercise facilities nor did we need at their restaurant. The Wi-Fi is not free here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello Jim T,

First I would like to thank you for taking out the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Our heavenly beds are so heavenly aren't they? :) We hope to see you again soon.

Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I were in town for the Talladega NASCAR race and I booked this hotel for $90/night through Priceline. The listed price was $190/night. I would not pay that much to stay here. The hotel is new and fairly nice, but not near as nice as some Westin properties I have seen. Front desk staff was somewhat rude. Rooms are kind of plain for a four star hotel, but the beds were fairly comfortable. Waterfall showerhead in shower and soaps and shampoos were nice. No free wifi in rooms, but free in the lobby. Don't pay the hotel $12 to self park. It is $8 in the adjacent parking garage that is connected to the hotel. I would have given 4 stars instead of three if the staff had been a little nicer and if the hotel offered free in-room wifi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Dan7667,