“Phenomenal Breakfast”

Over Easy
Ranked #63 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Been to many breakfast places in Birmingham and this is now my favorite. Sad it took me so long to eat here. I had the italian eggs benedict and it was incredible. Served with a grits polenta, perfectly cooked eggs, and they also serve delicious coffee. The service could have been a smudge better bust certainly nothing to complain about. Overall great breakfast and can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Over Easy

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I took my parents here when they came for a visit. We all felt it was one of the best breakfasts we've ever had. I had the trio, but I substituted the oatmeal pancake for the buttermilk pancake (so I got two oatmeal pancakes). Just delicious.

The decor is kind of retro, but very open. The only thing that keeps me from going back again and again is the wait time. It's a very popular and therefore busy restaurant. We went on a Friday around 10, so the wait was much less, but be prepared for an hour or so wait on the weekend.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

On vacation in the area and found this place online. What a wonderful find. Breakfast was GREAT. My son had the Two Egg Breakfast and the grits were so good (strange to see blue grits but they were wonderful). My husband had the Oatmeal Pancakes and they were also really good. I had the Easy Does It Omelette and it was to die for! The combination of spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese and pesto was just right on! Would certainly return if we are back in this area again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My family and I ate here and we loved this place. Very reasonably priced! Gluten free options, toast and French toast. Great omelets, great coffee, pretty contemporary setting. I especially loved their blue grits! Just amazing!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Tried and true best breakfast place in Birmingham- or at least on the Mountainbrook/downtown side of Birmingham. The Breakfast sandwich is my favorite and the grits are amazing. There is usually a wait and the service isn't the fastest but you can be in and out in a hour.