“Needs Improvement”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-459 & State Road 280 at the Shops of Colonnade
Description: Cutting edge full-service restaurant that meets the needs of today's savvy diners. Although Sushi is a crowd favorite, anticipate craveable taste profiles including noodle dishes, curry, fried rice dishes, steaks, seafood, Asian barbecue, small bites, soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts. Enjoy the chic decor or dine & relax on our outdoor pergola with a signature libation. An award winning experience is waiting for you.
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review on this place back in June. At the time, I was being nice and wanted to give them credit for thier wonderful menu. However, both times I've visited the service has been below expectations. Very slow and not very attentive. Also, the prices are high for the value of the experience. Would rather dine at a "hole-in-the-wall" sushi joint. May never return.

tennisrose, Owner at Asian Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear Jonathan,
Thank you very much for taking time to review Asian Rim Sushi Company. I'm very sorry we digressed from unique and delicious to needs improvement at your August 18th visit. As the owner of Asian Rim Sushi Company, we really do strive every day to accomodate our guests who need to get in and out a little quicker and be value minded at the same time. Our sushi is fresh, and something that does take a little time to make sure it's up to our guest's standards for quality, taste, and appearance.
It can take a little longer if we are extremely busy on the sushi line. Sometimes, we may have "to-go" orders or catering orders that the chefs are working on so if you are pressed for time, by all means, feel free to let us know that in advance. You are very important to us, as is your positive/ and or "constructive" feedback. I regret not thanking you in the first place for your extremely positve review of our restaurant after your first visit and my hope is that you will give us another opportunity to make things right. We are not a chain, and have an enormous responsibility in attempting to reach out to all reviews on 12 seperate social media platforms so again, my apologies. Again, thank you Jonathan, and we hope to get back in your good graces soon.-Warm regards, Paige Hockman Owner

There are newer reviews for Asian Rim

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stopped in for lunch when passing through Birmingham based on other Tripadvisor reviews. It was a little difficult to find due to our unfamiliarity with the access roads to the shopping area where the restaurant is located. We chose the shrimp po'boy and the Asian roasted pork sandwiches. They were both very tasty, and the sides we ordered - Asian slaw and Bangkok fries were spot on for taste and freshness. Service was superior and the decor was interesting and comfortable. We will be back if traveling through the area again.

1  Thank Jerry W

Dear Annie,
Wow! What a glowing review. As the owner of Asian Rim, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give us your feedback on your lunch experience. It really does mean a lot to us when you are so thorough in mentioning the menu items that you enjoyed such as the fish entrees, sushi, thai stir fry, and seaweed salad (I agree with you there, it's about the best I've had anywhere as well). Our bartenders are exceptional and we will definitely pass along your kind words on the mojito. Hope to see you soon!! Thank you, Paige Hockman-Owner

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Dined here with colleges on a business trip, what a pleasant surprise! Tucked in the corner if a little shopping arcade, this place was quiet & tasteful. Our orders included sushi, fish entrees, and Thai inspired stir fry. Nothing disappointed! Seaweed salad was one of the best I have ever eaten, all the food was fresh. Great bartender, had the best Cucumber Mojito. Do not miss this place!

Paige H, Owner at Asian Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you very much for your "Wonderful Dining Experience" Review. At Asian Rim, we strive every day to give each and every guests a pleasurable experience. It means so much that you would take time from your busy day to review our restaurant. At Asian Rim, food is the epicenter of what we do and we take it seriously. We are very happy that you enjoyed our service as well and we will pass along the "brags" to our bartender. Come Back Soon!!
Warm regards, Paige H. Owner

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Impressive menu. Truly has something for all sushi lovers. Thai soup was phenomenal, hit the spot. Also recommend the Asian Peach Sipper.

Paige H, Owner at Asian Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Hopefully, I covered our sincere thanks to you for dining at Asian Rim and your first glowing report. We will continue to be grateful for any and all follow up reviews. Thank you, Paige

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The kids menu is outstanding! My kids are still practicing with their chopsticks a day later. The sushi menu is extensive without being overwhelming. Tempura green beans are my new favorite food thanks to our lunch yesterday! Great bar area and wonderful main dining room atmosphere!

1  Thank BamaGretch
tennisrose, Owner at Asian Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Well Hello Gretchen!! I'm playing catch up with my owner responses, but I thank you so very much for your energetic and glowing review of Asian Rim!! We love kids at our place and with our Ninja Menu we like to think we have something to offer every child even if they're not quite into sushi yet. I love that they are trying to use the chopsticks!! Have a beautiful weekend! Warm regards, Paige Hockman Owner