“Good for airport food”

Ranked #541 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good for airport food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Normally Jim 'n Nicks has very good BBQ, but I found the airport location a little lacking. I ordered the baked potato with pork BBQ. The entire dish was between cool and slightly warm. The cheese was melted, so the potato must not have been heated. It seemed over cooked. Maybe other items are better, I was just disappointed with what I ordered.

• Visited July 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“so good”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I like to visit different barbeque places throughout the south to try to compare them against each other. This place is the best in Alabama so far!
Please, ask for some of the cheese biscuits.

• Visited July 2014
Tampa, FL
“Hooray for yummy food at Shuttlesworth!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Finally the beautiful, new Birmingham airport has a perfect place to grab some bbq! Jim 'N Nicks was quick, easy, friendly with great food too. The cheese biscuits were a treat, baked beans and pork sandwich were good too. Not badly priced for the airport and a to-go cup was provided when I asked. So happy to finally have a spot with good atmosphere to eat before a flight.

Visited May 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Good BBQ / Pricey”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I really like the BBQ at this restaurant. I have dined here several times during my visits to Birmingham. The brisket sandwich is very tasty. The Mac & Cheese is excellent. The only downside is that they really seem to be taking advantage of the airport location and charging a premium. The hostesses are not friendly. Service is slow. The food makes up for it though.

• Visited April 2014
Lakeland, Florida
“is this Bar-B-Q in an Airport "Wow"”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I and my wife were in the Birmingham airport and we decided to try Jim N Nicks Bar-B-Q. Actually my wife dragged me to it as I am a firm believer that you can not get good food of any kind in an Airport. Bar-B-Q in an Airport come on it can not happen or so I thought. I have no idea where they get it, certainly not in the airport fires and airplanes don't mix. I had Brisket the true test of any Bar-B-Q restaurant. The Brisket came out moist full of flavor and actually had a smoke cap on the outer edge of the meat. That makes it far above average but the flavor I rate this among some of the best chain brisket I have had. French Fries were not as crisp as I like but looked to have been cut fresh and that requires additional time. Not big hunky fries either these were well cut but my standard being approximately 1/4 inch to 3/16 wide. Service was good another surprise, tea fresh and Slaw had a good taste not dripping in dressing. I would recommend this to anyone who is like me hates airport food and is in Birmingham airport.

• Visited March 2014