“Super fun adventure! Muat do!”
Review of Red Ore Zip Tour

Red Ore Zip Tour
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This was so much and a really great experience.

You will have so much fun that the time will just fly by.

The employees are super nice and Very safety oriented. They are constantly enforcing the things that have to be enforced. You are never unhooked from the safety line, ever, as they double hook you in.

This is a great adventure that I highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was surprised I had not heard of Red Mountain Park before. A nature park hidden in the middle of Birmingham, AL is just what we needed on our weekend to escape. My twin boys, age 9, loved the Red Ore Zip Tour. The very reasonably priced tour ($50) involved multiple zip lines as well as a Tarzan type swing and Burma Bridge. This is fun for all ages proven during our tour, which included an 84 year YOUNG grandfather who enjoyed the ziplines with his grandson. Come prepared with a picnic lunch and plenty of water to drink and enjoy exploration of the park before or after your tour. Next time we want to try the Beanstalk Adventure!

3  Thank Nixontravel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

3 of us visited the zip tour on a Saturday morning...and had such a blast! The tour lasted about 1.5 hours from putting on our equipment to returning to the equipment 'base,' but it felt like barely 30 minutes because we were having so much fun!

The first few ziplines were short, including a burma bridge and a tarzan swing...but then they got looooong! The guides were great, very knowledgeable, comfortable, and efficient. After the first zip-line, I felt no fear and was confident in flying amongst the trees. I just wish I'd thought to look down and around while zipping instead of focusing on the end-point!

The website isn't joking when it says there's a 15-minute hike to the start of the tour; be sure to allow time for that. Also, the parking area was a little confusing; being some of the first people there, we only saw a few cars and were confused about where to park. There is a sign once you are a few steps down the trail that confirms you are indeed at Red Mountain. Once on the trail, the signage to the zip tour was clear.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an adventurous few hours in Birmingham! We are looking forward to returning for the Beanstalk forest...and hopefully the zip tour again!

3  Thank Chrissy S
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was great for the whole family with long zip lines, a tarzan swing, and a burma bridge. The staff were personable and professional with the equipment and the groups are kept to a reasonable size. We were a mixed group of folks experienced with harnesses and gear and folks who had never done a zip line before and everyone had fun. We got a look at the Beanstalk Forest and we're eager to try that on our next visit. Be aware that there is a 1/2 mile (fairly easy) hike in to the Zip Tour.

1  Thank Eddie S
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I took my three teenage/pre-teen boys and my two nephews to the Red Ore Beanstalk Forest course. It was awesome. They all had a great time. It was challenging, but very safe. The staff was very helpful. Great place to take restless boys to get out some energy!