“pretty great golf course”

Eagle Point Golf Club
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I am from Florida where the golfing terrain is mostly flat and sandy. This course with its many and varied undulations and topography changes was a very welcome change! You could go from a 59-60 drop from tee to green to a 40 foot shot into an elevated green. The greens were nice albeit a little slow. The fairways were superb.
Over all this course is not a hard one. There isn't much trouble but a wayward tee shot will be penalized as all fairways ate tree lined with enourmous pine trees.
The only semi negative thing i can say about this course is that some of the green side bunkers are not filled with 'regular' sand but clay. Which is sandy on top but hard about 2" beneath. This provides imediate bounce and you will ended up hitting some shots thin.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My brothers and I play Eagle Point as often as we can. Well kept with friendly and attentive staff. Great course for the average golfer but has enough challenges for the better than average.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This course was in super shape. Greens were some of the best I have played. Staff in the clubhouse was very friendly and helpful. There were quite a few ground crews working all morning cutting grass, raking sand traps, and doing all sorts of general maintenance. I played from the regular men's tees and most of the par 5s are reachable in 2 with a well hit tee shot. In my opinion it was a fairly forgiving course. Normally when I play a new course I will lose several balls but I only lost one and that was because I tried a high risk shot. My wife enjoyed the course as well and we both would be happy to play it again. The cost was reasonable, $42 for senior rates on Friday.

1  Thank clemson_grad79