“Superb meal, quiet fine dining”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 976 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Mall Transit stop
Description: Fleming's Birmingham, AL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the Birmingham Summit near Vestavia, not far from Homewood, Downtown Birmingham, and Hoover.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time to restaurant. We had a reservation. They serve dry aged steak and very few in the area do serve dry aged steak. We started with the cold seafood tower of crab claw, jumbo shrimp, lobster tail we just did one order however waiter Kyle suggested two since there was three of us but only two of us would be eating it so one was more then plenty for us. Spouse order the dry aged prime New York Strip medium cooked. It was cooked exactly how he wanted. They have sauces for the steaks however he prefers with out. He said he hasn't a steak cooked to perfection and tasty since we were in Vegas. I ordered the Salmon which was cooked moist and seasoned exactly right. The baked potato was delicious also. We ended the meal with a shared molten chocolate lava cake with ice cream. That was the best one I have tasted to date. One of the managers named Jake came by a couple of times to see how we were doing and was very courteous to all the guests made all feel welcome. Thank you Kyle for great suggestions and for the nice Father's Day dinner for my husband. There is nothing negative I can say about our experience. We will be back again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our son and new bride chose this restaurant for their wedding reception dinner. There were about 20 of us family members.

What a beautiful, intimate spot to celebrate! We had our own room upstairs away from the main dining. The waiters were absolutely wonderful, always at our service and very gracious. I liked the way they kept coming to the bride and groom making sure all was at their liking.

Dinner was awesome. The filet mignon I chose was fantastic. Cooked to perfection!! And the mashed potatoes and corn were the perfect side dishes. The wedding cake tasted great along with the creme brulee.

Again, service was great from the drink service to the courses of the meal, all brought to us in timely fashion.

I would highly recommend this spot for a special occasion or a quiet romantic dinner.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have dined at Fleming's in Birmingham many times and we have never been disappointed. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing. We have never been disappointed. Their filet mignon is one of the best I have ever had. If you like steak sauce, their signature F-17 is the tops. Be sure to try the Fleming's Potatoes - with just the right amount of cheese and a hint of jalapenos, they are superb. If you have room, try the carrot cake. It is like no other with a tasty rum caramel sauce on the side. It is a perfect place to celebrate any occasion.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been here several tiimes on business but this occasion was to celebrate my son's graduation from college. With a party of eight, it can be quite challenging to a wait staff but the team at Flemings pulled it off. They easily accomodated a special food preparation request and made a point to congratulate my son and a friend who also had also recently graduated with gift cards. A follow up email thanking us for our patronage was nicely done, as well. A great family experience all around.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Our 15 yo son wanted a nice steak for his birthday so we headed to Fleming's in Birmingham. He said he would have been happy with any steak on the list. He finally settled on the medium Petite Filet after an appetizer of the Tenderloin Carpaccio. My 18 yo had a medium rare Main Filet while I had a medium well NY Strip. Each of these three steaks was cooked to perfection, exactly the way we ordered. We shared samples and each was excellent. My wife had the Barbecue Salmon and she said it was excellent as well. We shared sides of mashed potatoes and green beans. Each side probably divides b/n two people better than four, but we each had a salad so two was enough.
We would highly recommend the restaurant and will look forward to going again.