“Unbelievable beauty, great staff”
Review of Alabama Theatre

Alabama Theatre
Ranked #17 of 93 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: After a complete restoration, this historic venue once again shows its 1927 grandeur.
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We drove about 5 hours to see Brian Regan perform at the theater. I had seen pictures online of this historic theater, but, you must see this gem in person. It is spectacular. The craftsmanship is second to none, I've never seen anything like this in the United States, I'm sure they exist, but, this theater will take your breath away. I can't say enough about the staff, they were so helpful and pleasant. I asked a few questions about the history of the theater and they were more than happy to answer. Also, the "beer girls" were super helpful and FAST, love that we could take a cold one with us into the theater. Go see this place, it's amazing.

There are newer reviews for Alabama Theatre

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Came to see Gabriel Iglesias. A lovely theatre, great view even on the mezzanine. I think any show here would be great.

1  Thank SpookyTbna
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The theatre plays classic Christmas movies in December. This is a great old theatre and still has a very classic feel. Its not open very much for movies throughout the year though. Its mostly booked for events.

1  Thank RandyAnnaWebb
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The events are getting better.
Improvements should be made on concessions (maybe something healthy?)
safe
beautiful venue

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have lived here in Birmingham for 40 years and always loved attending events at the Alabama Theater. Unfortunately I am now disabled with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD and cannot climb stairs well. I had so wanted to attend the recent Johnny Mathis Concert this past February, but was unable to go due to a very limited wheelchair space on the 1st floor only. Being I am not in a wheelchair and did not wish to pay the high price for tickets on this floor, the only other seats required me to climb the staircase. This is because the theater does not have an elevator. I had never realized this in the many times I went there when my health was good.
I guess my days of attending concerts as such is over until such time I find myself in a wheelchair.
I do hope the renovation of the Alabama's sister theater, the Lyric, has included elevators in its new restoration.