“Better not try to order at the counter”
Review of Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings
Ranked #371 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama
“Better not try to order at the counter”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I frequent this location for lunch with coworkers. I have eaten at this location since it opened, back in the good ole days 'where you could order the counter. Now, every time I go in and try to order at the counter I hear "YOU CAN HAVE A SEAT WHEREVER YOU LIKE!!!!" in an annoyed whine. Today, I waited about 5 minutes to order at the counter and heard this familiar annoying whine 4 times: twice from two people. Today was an excellent [sarcasm] experience. The same guy who brought the food, forgot the silverware, and forgot the ranch dressing was also one of the "YOU CAN HAVE A SEAT WHEREVER YOU LIKE!!!" guys.

I have ordered at the table and have had mixed experiences. I've been in and out in 30 minutes, and I've also waited 30 minutes at the table on the check.

I've mentioned this in all the surveys I do at the restaurant. Sometimes it improves, but it always goes back.

This is my subjective review: I prefer to order at the counter. I don't have to wait for someone to take my order. Once I give my order, it's in progress and not waiting on someone to put it in who may also stop at a table or two before inputting the order. I understand why they want me to order at the table - they have justify paying for the wait staff. I've seen good talent come and go there, maybe they just can't keep good talent?

The food here is always good - sometimes your wings are drowning in sauce (excellent in my book) and sometimes they just have a misting of sauce.

• Visited June 2013

North Texas
“business lunch”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Fast lunch menu, high quality consistently, light offerings. I had the original wings on one visit, and the buffalo salad on another. You order up front at the entry, then the staff will bring you the food when ready. The setup is a sports bar so there are plenty of big screens to watch a favorite game.

Visited April 2013
Franklin, Tennessee
“Awesome service”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Just ate here after our soccer tournament. We had 13 adults and 14 kids. We were seated very quickly and drink orders taken within minutes. Took a bit for the food but my goodness we didn't expect anything more. All orders were correct and the waitress was super organized. Everything great refills were prompt we didn't have to ask. Wonderful experience.

Brandon, ms
“Service please”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We waited 20 minutes to be seated and another 10 for a server and no one came. I understand it was busy but 10 minutes is enough to come get my drink order!

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good boneless wings”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I've been to this Buffalo Wild Wings a few times and it's been pretty consistent.

It's essentially a sports bar, so there are plenty of TVs with different types of games to play and sporting events. It can get pretty loud, but never so loud that it was disturbing. One thing - the booths are not very comfortable. The seats are wood with no cushioning and they are fairly narrow. This is one of the few places where I prefer a table.

Their boneless wings are pretty good. You can get any combination of their sauces. My personal favorites are the spicy garlic and the garlic parmesan. They are a bit spicy, but not "my tongue is burning off" spicy.
I was a bit disappointed with the buffalo chips with seasoning and cheese. Instead of seasoning the chips and then putting the cheese on, they put the seasoning on top of the cheese. The chips below that top layer were kinda blah.

The prices are about standard for this type of food. It's definitely worth going for the specials (regular wing specials are on Tuesday, boneless wings on Thursday).

This is certainly not a bad place to go if you're craving some wings. Just remember that if you go during peak times, you will likely have to park across the street as this location shares parking with Carrabba's, Purple Onion and Gamestop.

• Visited September 2012