All reviewsbeautiful resortclubhouse restaurantplay golfgreat golfpro shopbag pipesbagpipe playerpool areartj trailbreakfast buffet isroom servicelong weekendbusiness meetingrooms are nicesouthern hospitalityvalet parkingbrocks
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I enjoyed a weekend at the beautiful Renaissance Ross Bridge . The arrival process was quick and easy. We arrived late and used room service for a meal. The burgers were extremely tasty. We went in November so the resort aspect wasn't activated due to the chill but it was a great getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently stayed at the Renaissance, Ross Bridge and played golf at the resort. Our family has done this same adventure 4 previous times in the heat of the summer. The staff is ultra helpful and friendly, golf experience spectacular, meals excellent, and the accommodations and pool are unbelievable! I cannot brag on their hospitality too much! And, it is an excellent value.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool we enjoy most; also there are many rooms from which you can see the championship golf course! Higher floors give slightly better view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to Ross bridge for years.
1. Golf course - excellent( you will not be disappointed)
2. Hotel - awesome. Spa, pool awesome.
With that I was disappointed with a couple of things. We arrived 9:45 on Friday night. Restaurant closes at 10 so we decided room service. No valet( bad system all weekend. Do it right or don't have it. Room service left my meal off our order even after she repeated back. They offered to go make it but now was 10:30 so never mind. Rest of weekend minus valet was much better service. I love this golf course and don't mind the 250-300 / night room cost but I think it is getting to the not worth the cost category for me and moving into the great for special occasion or a once a year weekend trip instead of a great placd to get away for the weekend. I do love the golf course and facilities!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed again one night on our way to the Gulf Coast. A very clean, quiet, and friendly hotel. Set on a chair out by the tennis courts and watched golfers. We were going to go in the pool, but could see a storm coming. Pool is beautiful, though, and will have to try it another time. They have a volleyball net and croquet set up by the tennis courts. My husband and I played horseshoes - have not played that in a long time - we laughed like little kids. Walked on the treadmill in the fitness room - free ear pods a plus since I had forgotten mine - only thing is TV channels do not match up with what is in the room - actually, the fitness room has better channels and a lot more. Makes no sense to me but enjoyed watching the TV down there instead of in the room. We were going to go to the patio and use the fire pit at night, but of course, the rain just keep coming. Has a lot of things to do for everyone. Is definitely our first choice when staying a night in Birmingham.

Room Tip: We always get as high up as possible so we don't here people running on top of us.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Okay, the hotel is great. Rooms are nice. Food is good. Pool is awesome. On the other hand there were some things that made the trip interesting. First I have never heard the word NO come out of people's mouths more at a hotel. No one seemed to want to make the extra effort. Most of this was in the food service. The Service became a joke within our family during our stay. We were there for 7 days, and it only got better...I Believe we had made a reputation for ourselves. They have great activities for kids also. I would stay again but change my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family