All reviewsbeautiful resortclubhouse restaurantplay golfgreat golfpro shopbag pipesbagpipe playerpool areartj trailbreakfast buffet isroom servicelong weekendbusiness meetingrooms are nicesouthern hospitalityvalet parkingbrocks
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the fourth time we stayed at this beautiful hotel and we will definitely be back - it was great!! The facilites are brilliant, swimmingpool fine and a real treat is to hear the bagpipes every evening! Rooms are clean and nicely furnished, the bathroom is wonderful - with the separate showerunit - really nice! And - of course, not to forget the most outstanding Golfcourse - a gem amongst the Robert Trent Jones courses and fun to play it!!The area is very pleasant - and I would recommend this hotel for business as well as relaxtion - you can do both and still relax!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Roos Bridge for a business outing. The hotel is located in the back of a beautiful community of homes and shops. From the outside it takes your breath away. The lobby is gorgeous with dark wood and metal tones. The front desk staff was very friendly accommodating and got me into my room in a quick fashion. The room itself was clean and nicely arranged. I wish I could take the lounger back with me home it was so comfy. The bathroom was the real standout. It was beautiful with great tile work and a nicely sized glass door shower. The view of the golf course was beautiful as well and made sitting on the porch a wonderful experience. Onsite are tennis courts and bikes, both of which I took advantage of. The restaurants were great with fantastic burgers and sweet tea. Overall I had a fantastic experience and when returning to Alabama I will definitely look at staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was our second visit to this wonderful hotel and golf resort. Upon arrival we were given an upgrade to a pool view room. In many hotels, a room with a view of the pool might not be considered an upgrade but this hotel is certainly an exception. We arrived in our room just in time to see and hear the bag pipe player from our balcony. Our experience with the staff was great including the valet. Dinner in the hotel's restaurant was outstanding as was the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was truly a beautiful hotel with a ton of potential. However, it still has major room for improvement and that is particularly true for their valet service, which is really the first impression one gets. It was disorganized to the point of where they had left another guest's car keys in my car which caused me to have to turn around after leaving to return it. The person at the check in counter was excellent and had a great sense of humor. Joseph Lang was the best part of their staff - he was the person who brought our luggage to our room and he was a thoughtful and service minded individual; great personality and made one think that one had arrived at the best hotel in town. As with the other Marriott full service hotels, one was under the room service schedule restrictions and the food was good, but not great. Because I was "passing through" I was not exposed to the rest of the hotel services, but Porsche had an event there so I have to think that the hotel has an overall excellent reputation. It just didn't work out during this particular stay. The front office manager did make it right, and gave a 50% credit due to the problems experienced, which were mostly due to the valet service.

Thank you for that, Jason. I will most likely stay there again, at some point, but I will want to speak with the hotel's general manager ahead of time to ensure that the service is up to par because it is priced up there compared to other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa. Please accept my apology that your experience was not up to expectations. I can be reached at 205-916-7677 and look forward to your call.

Rick Smith

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We've stayed here one weekend every year for the past four or five years. We absolutely love it! The breakfast buffet is so amazing we talk about it all year long. Be sure to try the local sausage! Ryan, the waiter there, is extremely helpful and a real asset and even remembered us from year to year. The spa is one of the most beautiful spas I've ever enjoyed-so don't miss it! The rooms are typical Marriott, but the views and the setting with bagpipes as the sun sets are truly memorable. The pool area and slide keep the kids happy as well. The one downside is the front desk staff. Talk about rude and unprofessional! We are a family of four and we were actually assigned a room with a king bed upon arrival....? Don't ever think Marriott Platinum will help you at the front desk of this resort. No upgrade, no warm welcome. But once you are past them, the weekend is marvelous! I even think their gift shop is fabulous-seems like each year I find a treasure there, especially if you like football. We've never had time for golf, but we have walked the course and it is well manicured. This year we also discovered the nearby walking trail. If you are tired of gyms, give it a try! It helped us enjoy this beautiful part of the country. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family