All reviews beautiful resort clubhouse restaurant play golf great golf pro shop bag pipes bagpipe player pool area fire pit rtj trail breakfast buffet room service long weekend business meeting rooms are nice southern hospitality valet parking
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is a great Alabama hotel on a great golf course. The hotel itself is clean with good rooms. I will say that the check in was extremely un professional. We are Marriott gold and are always either offered an upgrade, or are apologized to for not having one, we were given neither. The food was great and the rest of the service was good though.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Hotel is highly overrated ...especially by locals who have never been to a real 5 star this is big time for Birmingham. The restaurants food is mediocre and dirty, beat up looking and the linens and silverware are not clean. Take a close look the tables, the bar and you will see how bad it is. Also, if you pick up food from the Grill, the servers have a tendency to tip themselves without your knowledge or if they take your card they actually authorize it for MORE than your total bill but when it finally settles after 5 days it goes back to the original amount (unless of course the servers have illegally tipped themselves for a take out order- wire fraud) ...The front lobby furniture/area is just bizarre, as it looks like the furniture came a flea market or garage sale. The building structure I would give a thumbs up but insofar as service, quality of food, amenities, I would rate anywhere from a 1 start to 3 at best. The bar drinks tasted like swamp water and I am not sure what was served to me... I ended up throwing up in the ladies room after two sips. I had two other guests with me taste the drink and both agreed it tasted strange. The bartender definitely did not have a southern hospitality about her ...but we were the only people there and it took her 35 minutes to get the drink order out.. Disgusting atmosphere.

Room Tip: go to a real 5 star hotel then go to this one and note the difference
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your recent experience. If you can contact me at 205-916-7677, I sincerely would like to hear more about your visit.

Rick Smith

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This is by far the premier place to stay when visiting Birmingham. Nothing even comes close to the quality of service and sheer pampering available at Ross Bridge. I'm a frequenter of this property, and my only real complaint would be they do not participate in the platinum complimentary breakfast that all Marriott resorts, even the Cosmopolitan in Vegas, are doing. The golf is out of this world, and the Spa is the best I've seen in these parts. If you are lucky, visit in the summer and sit out by the incredible pool. At night they have fires out on the patio. Maybe you even get a complimentary upgrade to one of the suits or corner units. Overall this is my favorite property in Alabama.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is the fourth time we stayed at this beautiful hotel and we will definitely be back - it was great!! The facilites are brilliant, swimmingpool fine and a real treat is to hear the bagpipes every evening! Rooms are clean and nicely furnished, the bathroom is wonderful - with the separate showerunit - really nice! And - of course, not to forget the most outstanding Golfcourse - a gem amongst the Robert Trent Jones courses and fun to play it!!The area is very pleasant - and I would recommend this hotel for business as well as relaxtion - you can do both and still relax!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Roos Bridge for a business outing. The hotel is located in the back of a beautiful community of homes and shops. From the outside it takes your breath away. The lobby is gorgeous with dark wood and metal tones. The front desk staff was very friendly accommodating and got me into my room in a quick fashion. The room itself was clean and nicely arranged. I wish I could take the lounger back with me home it was so comfy. The bathroom was the real standout. It was beautiful with great tile work and a nicely sized glass door shower. The view of the golf course was beautiful as well and made sitting on the porch a wonderful experience. Onsite are tennis courts and bikes, both of which I took advantage of. The restaurants were great with fantastic burgers and sweet tea. Overall I had a fantastic experience and when returning to Alabama I will definitely look at staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business