Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Huntsville, AL
“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed one night for an event being held onsite. Hotel is beautiful, check in was easy, room was nice and very clean. My only room complaint was there was noise from the bathroom - sounded like a really loud fan but it wasn't the fan. Fellow travelers in different rooms experienced the same noise. Bearable when the door is closed but annoying while in the bath. As other reviews state, restaurants and bar on the pricey side. Breakfast for 4 was over $100 but was very nice. Bar was okay but service was incredibly slow. (45 minute wait for hot appetizers, when they arrived they were cold. Had to ask for a glass of water three times.) The business event was wonderful and the food at the event was good. I would stay here again and hold another event here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a very beautiful property, service is excellent but a bit on the pricey side. I ordered a Dewar's and water in the bar and with all the taxes it was $11.46 before tip. A friend said he paid $24.00 for a dink and a club sandwich before tip. The rooms were nice but not much different than any other Marriot resort property. The food we had in the meeting was above par for banquet food and the overall service was excellent. The staff was very friendly especially the bellman named Dallas, went out of his way to be helpful.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have started staying here whenever I come to Birmingham because it is such a nice, comfortable and relaxing resort our whole family loves, from the golf, tennis, spa, pools, fire pits, water slide, gym and bagpiper. The breakfast buffet is unbeatable. My only reason for not giving this 5 stars is the nighttime food options. What Brock's serves is expensive and not tasty for even teens. We usually bring in food and sit outside with it, and the hotel is very accommodating. When I came for my brother's funeral a few years ago, the staff even left me cookies, lemonade and a nice note. I always recommend this hotel to my friends staying in Birmingham.

Room Tip: You can get free lobby wifi if you stay on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When you pull up to this property, all you can say is WOW! absolutely gorgeous surroundings and buildings. Inside the lobby areas are warm and inviting. I was not all that impressed with the front desk since they didn't offer an upgrade and no one knew if they had a concierge lounge (?).. .but our bellman was great, the room was cute - loved the balcony.. beds very comfy and the pool area was out of this world. we got lucky on gorgeous evening. we ate at the gorgeous saltwater pool (went to get take-out from the bar), and there was a movie at the pool as well as s'mores (my kids had to seek them out but they were good!). The bagpiper daily at sundown is a very nice touch! Will surely stay here again as my daughter now attends college nearby. so happy we found this property. never disappointed in the Renaissance! and I want to move to Ross Bridge neighborhood! LOL

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Alabama
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel and all of the amenities were very nice and clean. The welcome at the front desk could use a lot of work. Perhaps they were having a bad day but it left a sour taste in my mouth. They could see me waiting but never acknowledged my presence until they were finished with the task at hand. Personality places a huge role in how customers perceive how the rest of their stay is going to go. Luckily I didn't have any further request after receiving my keys. I would suggest a training course on how to greet your guess and make them feel like you are glad they are staying at your resort. The breakfast at the resort was amazing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very nice. I was attending the Porsche Driving School and my wife came along to get some R&R. My experience was amazing at the school, however my wife was a little disappointed. It started with our room being 2 queens instead of one queen. We are rewards members but our preference was never asked. We had to ask after getting to our room. They were able to move us. Our room was looking over the pool, which never turned the music down at night. So along with the man snoring in a room next to us, the other people talking in the room on the opposite side, it made for distracted sleep.
During the day, the pool was very kid friendly, so there was not much peace and quiet for her unfortunately. She said that the grounds were amazing, but it was not an ideal getaway for her. She had a two good lunches and said everyone was very friendly.
One odd thing is that the Porsche Driving School specifically partners with the Ross Bridge so I would think that they completely understand the school and schedules. We were surprised to find out that they were not prepared for someone that would be checking out the last day of class. In the words of the front desk, "I've never heard of someone doing that before." They were unwilling to give us a check out later than the class so instead of being able to enjoy a shower and nice dinner after a hot day on the track, I had to pack the night before, and my wife had to check us out before 1 pm and just sit around the lobby for the next 5 hrs. We were able to adjust our schedule and she picked me up at the track to make our way home since we were no longer guests at the hotel. I know that the school has been recommending the ross bridge for sometime, I'm not sure why they have not figured out how to accommodate all their guests.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool in the summer because it is loud.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tyler F
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Rooms are way over priced for a standard hotel room! Pool is awesome kids love to stay here in the summer. Rooms are always very clean and pool is clean!

Stayed August 2014