Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Birmingham Marriott(Birmingham)
US$170
US$160
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
US$131
US$128
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$107
US$117
All reviewsbeautiful resortclubhouse restaurantplay golfpro shopgreat golfwrap around balconyfire pitpool areabreakfast buffetroom servicegolf triplong weekendbusiness conferencesouthern hospitalityrooms are nicevalet parkingbagpipes
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This hotel is beautiful and very nice rooms. We went with friends for July 4th weekend for golf and pampering at the spa. The first impression at the front desk was acceptable, but that is the only hospitality we received the entire stay. They did not have an adequate number of employees to accommodate the sold out weekend. The service at both resturants was terrible and the staff was rude. Customer service is the hotels downfall. When asked for towels at the pool, we were told they were out. When we requested towels for our rooms, two hours later they were sent up. We will not return to this hotel. They act like they are doing you a favor to allow you to stay there. At $140 for 18 holes and $120 for a massage and then paying $250 per night.........I can get better service at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance for 5 nights while he was there for a work function. We booked via the 1-800 number, letting them know the group that we were with, and they assured us that the group rate would be applied to our stay. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were assured that the group rate was applied and happily went to our room. We received the check out confirmation on our last day, under our door, and then found that there was confusion as to the special rate we were to receive. The hotel took no responsibility for this mistake, at first, and charged us the regular rate. After several hours of going back and forth, they updated the rate as appropriate. It seemed to us that they may not be use to accommodating large groups and were not experienced in properly serving them.

The rooms are nice and I had two spa treatments, a facial and massage, both were very nice. Room service food was ok, a bit overpriced for the quantity received, even by resort room service standards.

Travelers should note that this hotel is a bit far from Birmingham and any tourist attraction. We were happy to have a rental car for exploring.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Pretty hotel. Comfortable beds. Large bathrooms. Fantastic golf course and pool. Clubhouse restaurant was good.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

From the moment we drove up, my wife and I were impressed with Ross Bridge. While not very close to anything else, Ross Bridge is a destination itself. You don't really need to be close to anything else. It has fine dining, a grill, a bar, a very nice pool, golf, and more. The views are fantastic from the pool view rooms.

While there were a lot of young kids there, they were all very well behaved and did not bother us at all. They seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as their parents were.

I find it very hard that anyone could find anything wrong with this resort. I've read the negative reviews here, but I found them to be way, way off base. My family will definitely return Ross Bridge.

Reviewed 15 June 2010

Just returned from Ross Bridge. It was a very nice getaway with my husband and other couples. The rooms were very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay. The pool was a little small and I was surprised that so many children were there, but it did not bother us. The service at the clubhouse restaurant was a little slow, but the waiter was very nice and the food was good... I did not do the Spa, but a friend who was with me did and said her massage was great. We ate one night at Brock's in the resort and it was very good. Our waitress was wonderful! The next night, we took taxis to a local italian restaurant called GianMarco's that I would recommend...it is small so make reservations if you want to go. A bagpipper plays each evening.
Overall, we enjoyed our weekend at Ross Bridge and would definitely return.