“Nice Place to take a rest while shopping”
Review of Primeaux Cheese and Vino - CLOSED

Primeaux Cheese and Vino
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Alabama
“Nice Place to take a rest while shopping”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

They have great blue cheese chips. Great choice of wines and cheeses. They have a selection of salads, fish and burgers so everyone should find something they will enjoy.

Visited June 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
“Primeaux is PRIMO”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Primeaux Cheese and Vino
300 Summit Blvd Ste 104
Birmingham, AL 35243

We visited a new place in the Summit called Primeaux Cheese and Vino. We were both pleasantly surprised to find such a jewel in Birmingham. It seems that each day more and more places pop up with promise. This one is a keeper. Not only do they have a decent wine selection they have a good and decent staff to tell you about the pairings and choices. Christopher was our server and although new he did a good job earning a 20% plus tip.

They have a cheese and meat counter as well as a full bar serving cocktails and also a couple of local craft beers on tap. This combination, along with outdoor dining too! Im there! OK I was there, but Im going back!

We started with the charcuterie plate and cocktails and finished with red wine and the bleu cheese chips. OMG! This appetizer is a real value packed with enough crunchy kettle chips for two or three and if you like bleu, just ask for extra chutney and bleu cheese and just douse it. Delish!

LOVED it! We will definitely be going back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Urban_Cowgill
Crane Hill, Alabama, United States
“Surprisingly great retreat at a mall!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We visited, the waiter Christopher was fantastic, took his time, explained things well and let us pace ourselves. First we had signature cocktails ... Dirty blue martini and manhattan. Both were good and the quality of the stuffed olives on my martini was kickin,!

We did a small charcuterie plate, really excellent tastes. We ordered the homemade potato chips with blue cheese and chutney...wow. Huge portion and Chris offered up more cheese sauce and chutney and bread. By then we were stuffed. Our wines were good but they seemed a touché under poured but whatever. We will go back based on value and convenience!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CarolB347
Birmingham, Alabama
“A bit of France!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Warmed up a January night! We walked into a silver beaded curtain entrance, no one came to seat us, so we sought a waiter out, minor glitch. French bistro atmosphere with black and white decor, red touches, including red bags for your cheese purchases from cases in the rear of the restaurant. You can order a tasting of wine which is half a glass, which I did, in order to try more than one red. Under small plates, tried Rogue blue cheese chips with bacon and apple chutney--outstanding! Had the redfish special and asked for lentils as a side instead of potatoes--perfect.
My husband's hanger steak special was fine he said. He thought the accompanying truffle fries were greasy, but I liked. Will definitely be back, we said!
They have Thursday wine tastings 4-6 p

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank anglophilly
Mountain Brook, Alabama
“Don't let the fact that it's in the mall fool you!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Living in Birmingham and being somewhat of a "foodie" I thought I knew about most of the fare available around here. Well...I was wrong. Found this place by accident and throughly enjoyed myself. The atmosphere is good, the staff seemed trained and interested in my experience and my food was delicious. I started with some truffle oil infused popcorn which was outstanding followed by the fried egg sandwich which was cooked to perfection and enjoyed a bottle of wine (which seemed reasonably priced) during my meal (a late lunch/early dinner). The look and ambiance of the interior of the restaurant is good with the exception of some tacky "paper balls" of some sort hanging in the window reminiscent of high school prom decorations. Nevertheless, this place is on my "go back soon" list.

• Visited February 2014