“A Treat”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Alabama Symphony Orchestra
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As I've never been to the symphony before, this was a real treat. The venue is great, and I imagine that all the seats would be good.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I would highly recommend the Alabama Symphony for New Year's Eve. Every year they choose a composer and they do a wonderful job. The symphony with friends and a midnight toast is just the way to start the New Year!

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Saw the orchestra play at the November coffee concert. Was a great experience that performed songs surrounding the theme of love. Very much enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

One of the finest, smaller symphony ensembles anywhere. Our band was invited to Carnegie Hall to perform in May, 2102. And a memorable performance it was. 700 symphony enthusiasts from Birmingham attended the concert (including my wife and I). One cannot do better when in Birmingham than to experience the Alabama Symphony (indoors or out-of-doors in the summer).

1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Having lived in NYC for the past decade, we'd become accustomed to excellent classical music at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, but when we arrived in Birmingham we wondered if the Alabama Symphony would measure up. It does, superbly, in every way. We've enjoyed their consistently high quality performances in the acoustically and aesthetically wonderful Jemison Concert Hall, and were impressed with their recent well-received appearance at Carnegie Hall. A pair of season tickets to the Masterworks Series at ASO is our response to this mid-South musical gem.

1  Thank Ollittap