“Business meetings”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Stayed here for a few days the other week for business meetings. We reserved the small conference room. All was very pleasant (as expected). They were renovating the lobby/breakfast area and that was a bit of a hastle. I understand that they can't do renovation work when no ones there (counter-intuitive), but the guests still had to make due with temp tables/etc to get their breakfast off of-----understandable.
The rooms were clean and modern.
Gym was clean and up to date as well. All equipment worked as intended.
The area is experiencing a lady bug explosion at the moment, so staff was spraying quite a bit. At least they are trying to knock down the hoards of ladybugs in the area.
The location of the hotel is very near all the restaurants and shopping that you can handle----highly accessable.

All in all this was a very nice and productive stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 November 2012

In October, I stayed at this property for the fifth time in four years. The management and staff serve up the signature Hampton Inn service at a competitive price for the area. The staff made special provision for my 5:30 am departures each morning during my stay—they had special breakfast bags available for me.

I like staying at this property because the rooms are quiet, the workout room is a little larger than average, there are many restaurants close by, and interstate access is quick.

Room Tip: if available, secure a higher floor and choose the backside away from the interstate. (BUT all rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have found that you generally can't go wrong if you stay at a Hampton inn. This was no different. Nice rooms nice staff and great cookies. We were also given a coupon for a free appetizer from Landry's Seafood restaurant. Very close to Walmart which is important for me because I usually forget at least two things while traveling.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Hotel staff were great - they went above and beyond to help on all my requests and made sure I was comfortable. Room was well-appointed and the bed comfortable. The free breakfast had great options. Only 'gripe' is that this location has several addresses listed on the internet/in my GPS/on my reservation. I had to call to confirm the right address in my GPS. Other than that, thanks for a great night's stay.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This is my second stay here and once again I was very pleased. The only problem I have is the faucet on the bathroom sink sits to far back,making it hard to wash your hands. Still a really good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Clean, friendly service, large room, comfy bed, good breakfast. My only complaint was slow wi-fi. Would definitely stay here again...and probably will.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 6 June 2012

As a Gold member, I made the reservation a day in advance of my stay. I made a mistake and should have gone through Atlanta. I called the hotel and would not let me out of the reservation. I guess the hotel needs the business because it was far from being booked up. Get to the room and key doesn't work. Once I get Into the room and turn the TV on, I find that about 10 of the 50 channels don't work. The front desk help has an attitude and I would HIGHLY recommend you stay somewhere else. Hilton Honors will get an ear full tomorrow. Plus I recommend you move over to Marriott brands of hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank bamacouple9
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

I am so sorry that you had this type of experience with us. While we do have a 24-hour cancellation policy, we definitely should have been more understanding of your situation (especially considering your elite status within our enterprise as a Gold Hilton Honors member). I want to make this right with you, so please contact me at (205) 313-2060.

Emmanuel Davis