“Adequate but nothing more”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Adequate but nothing more”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel was clean and attractive. It had a convenient location is a complex with multiple restaurants, gas stations, and stores. However, the breakfast was ordinary and breakfast items were not replenished when those put out had been consumed. Towels in the rooms were light weight and only one set of towels per occupant was provided. Construction in the hotel, with sounds of drills and hammering began early in the morning. The curtains in my room could not be opened.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments on our services and amenities as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mobile, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I loved this hotel. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room smelled great and was beautiful. The complementary breakfast was a collection the best tasting foods I've ever had in a hotel. I will stay with Hampton Inn whenever possible.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for saying how much you loved our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We look forward to your next visit our way.
United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

great location, everything is close by and you won't have to worry about finding anywhere to eat or shop. There is a Kohl's nearby, IHop, Chili's, Milo's, Sam's Club (with gas) and everything you need.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
We are glad to read how much you like the location of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your business and for such a good review. We hope to see you again soon.
Easton, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent hotel close to Interstate 65 Exit. Easy to find. Several good restaurants nearby - Outback, Landry's Chilis. FedEx has office close by. Excellent complimentary breakfast. Comfortable quiet room with good wireless internet service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We are happy to read you think we are an excellent hotel and have an excellent complimentary breakfast here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Will good enough, there were a number of things at which I thought Hampton Inns should be better. The room (102) was "okay", but very noisy A/C. When it came on, it came on with too loud of a startup. When I tried to put the fan "on" all the time, it wouldn't stay on. Toilet was very noisy, and the shower was very hard to turn on and off.

At breakfast, the toaster wouldn't work, and the selection was not up to normal standards of Hampton Inns. Price was right, service was "okay". Just not what I expect from Hampton Inns. They better watch out, or the new La Quinta Inns will pass them by!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and the first time, I realized just how close to the highway it is, if your on an upper floor on the highway side I hope you like the sound of traffic. The second time I checked in I couldn't even get into my assigned room as the door lock didn't work. So I was moved to another room and come to find out that the shower had mold around the lower edge. Save yourself the trouble and pick different hotel in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises you experienced. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel before an interview and I couldn't have asked for a better stay. The room was nice and quiet, and the location was perfect for where I was going. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We hope your interview went well for you and would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive.