“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I enjoyed my 2 night stay. The Staff was great upon check in. The room was clean & very nice. Easy access to the internet, the interstate and eateries. It was 4.7 miles away from the venue I went for but the price was great. The breakfast was also very decent. My room faced the rear of the building so I didn't have an issue with highway noise. I would agree that they can change to larger pilliows but otherwise I was very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are happy to read just how satisfied you were with your stay here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Newnan Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a convenient place to stay for visiting Samford. I don't know if it just a Hampton thing, but the shower heads in the bathrooms are not very good. Plus if you are shorter like me, 5'3", I could not even reach the head to move it around. Either this location has extremely poor water pressure or the shower heads are just not efficient. I felt like I had to run around the shower to get rinsed off. Some of the Hiltons in Europe had lovely adjustable shower heads on sliding vertical bar mounts. GREAT feature. Plus if you are going to the trouble to have the nice queen high counters, why not queen high toilets. It seems weird to me super high shower heads, tall counters and then midget toilets. Plus I do wish the Hilton line would convert to Kuerig coffee makers for those of us who like to travel with our own K-cups. Overall a nice very CLEAN place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments on our services and amenities as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you
Columbia, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not only is it close. It's close!!! The traffic noise from the freeway is loud, but not as loud as the in room air conditioner.

it was HOT !!! When I checked in the temp was 78, when I left the next day it was 77. They did bring me a fan, but it was not a good night's rest.

it was COLD!!! Then when I took a shower the water took 10 minutes to heat up.

I already cancelled my reservation for later this week as I pass back through.

Room Tip: upon check in request a room opposite the freeway side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the A/C in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area
deltaraider21
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nothing special, Reggie behind the desk was very helpful. Breakfast was the standard hotel fare. It is right next, almost on the highway. I wish all hotels/motels would get rid of those small pillows on the beds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We are sorry you did not care for the pillows but are glad your check in experience was a good one. Thank you for your review and for your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our son, a college student has stayed at the Hampton Inn I65/Lakeshore twice in the last six months. His most recent stay was last Sunday. The hotel is newly remodeled and has a fresh crisp look and feel. The service and staff are outstanding. Our son had a standup paddle board he needed to get in the hotel overnight, and Reggie was able to get him a nice first floor room. Reggie was also very helpful with the reservation process. The hotel is conveniently located on I65 just outside Birmingham. He told me, Dad, you have to write a great review...I love this hotel. Reggie, thanks for taking care of our son.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We are glad your son had a good stay here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive and we are glad Reggie was able to help him out. We will be sure to let him know about all the nice things you said about him. We hope you and your son are able to return soon. Thank You!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first time at this very nice Hampton Inn. It is located right off I-65 and Lakeshore Parkway, giving easy access to get around Birmingham. It took us only about 15 minutes to get to the airport. Visiting my sister in Vestavia was a snap. Samford University is just a mile or so east on Lakeshore. The hotel is located in a business park on the extreme northeast corner. Restaurants of all kinds are close by and a multitude of small business, like the UPS store we used. Directly across Lakeshore Parkway is a shopping center with a super Walmart and a Sam's Club. The hotel itself was clean and quiet, in typical Hampton Inn style. The only "quirk" was in the bathroom, involving the sink faucet: the spigot barely clears the vanity edge. It is impossible to get your full hand(s) under the stream of water. I have a travel water pik and I could not fill it without water pooling on the vanity. Other than that small inconvenience, this is still a fine Hampton Inn and we hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: There is a large dumpster on the backside of the hotel ( the side not facing I-65) and there was a t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We look forward to your next visit our way.
Lewisville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Everything was great, minus the breakfast. The Great ~ The staff was fast and very helpful. We were close to everything and a lot of food choices in the area. The Not So Great ~ the breakfast consisted of hard biscuits, watery gravy, rotten apples, and horrible eggs made from powder.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We apologize that you did not find your breakfast enjoyable and hope you will give us another chance on your next visit our way to show you that is not the standard to strive to achieve. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.