“Nice hotel in good location”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Dunwoody, GA
“Nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a nice Hampton Inn in a good location, right off the interstate with a number of restaurants and shops in the area. Hotel, room and breakfast were all good. My only complaint was the poor condition of the fitness center. The treadmill made such a loud noise that I couldn't even use it.

If they fixed that one issue, I would raise my rating and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay here and we are looking into the problem in the fitness center. Thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Madison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights while on a business trip. Room was clean and modern. Very comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast bar in the mornings. I have nothing negative to say about the stay. I would stay again without hesitation. Highly recommend!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive to others. Your business and your review are greatly appreciated.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I enjoyed my 2 night stay. The Staff was great upon check in. The room was clean & very nice. Easy access to the internet, the interstate and eateries. It was 4.7 miles away from the venue I went for but the price was great. The breakfast was also very decent. My room faced the rear of the building so I didn't have an issue with highway noise. I would agree that they can change to larger pilliows but otherwise I was very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are happy to read just how satisfied you were with your stay here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next stay.
Newnan Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a convenient place to stay for visiting Samford. I don't know if it just a Hampton thing, but the shower heads in the bathrooms are not very good. Plus if you are shorter like me, 5'3", I could not even reach the head to move it around. Either this location has extremely poor water pressure or the shower heads are just not efficient. I felt like I had to run around the shower to get rinsed off. Some of the Hiltons in Europe had lovely adjustable shower heads on sliding vertical bar mounts. GREAT feature. Plus if you are going to the trouble to have the nice queen high counters, why not queen high toilets. It seems weird to me super high shower heads, tall counters and then midget toilets. Plus I do wish the Hilton line would convert to Kuerig coffee makers for those of us who like to travel with our own K-cups. Overall a nice very CLEAN place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your comments on our services and amenities as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you
Columbia, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not only is it close. It's close!!! The traffic noise from the freeway is loud, but not as loud as the in room air conditioner.

it was HOT !!! When I checked in the temp was 78, when I left the next day it was 77. They did bring me a fan, but it was not a good night's rest.

it was COLD!!! Then when I took a shower the water took 10 minutes to heat up.

I already cancelled my reservation for later this week as I pass back through.

Room Tip: upon check in request a room opposite the freeway side
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the A/C in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area
deltaraider21
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nothing special, Reggie behind the desk was very helpful. Breakfast was the standard hotel fare. It is right next, almost on the highway. I wish all hotels/motels would get rid of those small pillows on the beds.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
We are sorry you did not care for the pillows but are glad your check in experience was a good one. Thank you for your review and for your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our son, a college student has stayed at the Hampton Inn I65/Lakeshore twice in the last six months. His most recent stay was last Sunday. The hotel is newly remodeled and has a fresh crisp look and feel. The service and staff are outstanding. Our son had a standup paddle board he needed to get in the hotel overnight, and Reggie was able to get him a nice first floor room. Reggie was also very helpful with the reservation process. The hotel is conveniently located on I65 just outside Birmingham. He told me, Dad, you have to write a great review...I love this hotel. Reggie, thanks for taking care of our son.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We are glad your son had a good stay here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive and we are glad Reggie was able to help him out. We will be sure to let him know about all the nice things you said about him. We hope you and your son are able to return soon. Thank You!