I had a speaking engagement in Birmingham and decided to treat my wife to a night there and found the Cobb Lane the only B & B in or around the city. We spent Tuesday afternoon at the Birmingham Zoo, then checked into Cobb Lane and walked 1 mile on a pleasant evening to the Fish Market Restaurant downtown. The next day we enjoyed a nice breakfast, then went to the Botanical Gardens, then to the Galleria mall before my speaking engagement. A very nice little short getaway. The house is beautiful and the antique furnishings and decorations really add authenticity to the atmosphere. We stayed in the Magnolia Suite, which was clean, filled with amazing old pieces, and was very nice. Not a great TV, but we weren't there to watch TV, so no problem for us. Internet, though a little slow, was provided. When we reserved the room online, we received an email, and were offered an "upgrade" to another property owned by the same people not far from there, but after consideration, my wife thought she would like the Cobb Lane best, so we passed on the upgrade. When we arrived, the nice young lady reminded us again about the "upgrade" and it became obvious that other guests were there at the other property and it would have been more convenient if we were all together in the same place, since we were the only ones left at Cobb Lane. They are trying to promote this new house and get some good reviews, but my wife likes the older, more antique atmosphere, and the other house seemed more modern. We were told we could go and have our breakfast at 7 with the other guests in the morning or they could make it just for us there at 8. We felt that we were being a bit of an imposition, but we really preferred an 8:00 breakfast anyway, so we opted to stay there. The host was very nice and kind, and we asked about the history of the house and enjoyed getting to know him. The breakfast was very good and enjoyed in a beautiful dining room setting. We would certainly recommend Cobb Lane, and if you think you might like the other property, I'm sure they would give you a good deal as they are trying to expand their business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two Victorian Mansions from 1898 on the National Historic Registry offering 17 guest rooms from $99 to $159 per night plus tax; full hot cooked breakfast; daily maid service; free parking and high speed wireless internet; enjoy parlor cookies and complimentary beverages; cable TV; air conditioning; near UAB and 26 restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Cobb Lane Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cobb Lane Hotel Birmingham
- Cobb Lane Bed And Breakfast