“Safe, Clean, Family Friendly!”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Over all I had a wonderful stay. I was traveling with my 1 year old twins by myself, so I was a little worried. Check in was fast and I was allowed to leave my car at the entrance while unloading and making trips back and forth to my room with the twins. When I arrived back at night the parking lot was VERY WELL lit and all parking spaces were convenient to the entrance. I felt very safe even while unloading the twins into the wagon I brought to help with toting them and our luggage! The only minor problem I encountered was a selfish one. I had not eaten all day and I arrived back at 9:15-not realizing Room Service stopped at 9:00. She suggested I go downstairs to the snack shop, but I couldn't because of the kids, so I went to bed hungry. Next time I will bring snacks in case I get in later than 9:00 again. I will definitely stay here again and again though. Thanks for making my solo trip with my 1 year olds a much easier one that expected!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had our 40th High School reunion here. It was a great place. The breakfast staff worked really hard to overcome some challenges our first day. Everyone we met who worked there was very helpful. We had a great turn out. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is excellent. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Slightly away from downtown Birmingham, in Liberty Park area, Hilton Garden Inn is a decent Business Hotel. Situated on a hillock the hotel has grand views to offer. The nearby roads are well landscaped and one can walk across the road to the Liberty Statue and The Boy Scouts of America Center. Don't miss a walk here in the mornings.

Rooms: It is a moderately big hotel, with neat and clean rooms. Rooms are not very big, but spacious with all basic amenities like coffee maker, etc. Wi Fi is free all 24 hours. The King sized beds are very comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the lobby area. There is a fair variety of choices like good quality fruits and breads. Coffee and Tea are available in the lobby round the clock. But there is no restaurant in the hotel for lunch or dinner. And no restaurant is available in the vicinity also. One has to prepare for that.

The staff is very cordial and as usual, after the lobby, it is self service only. Parking space is plenty/

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding at the Botanical Gardens, and this hotel was perfect for the occasion. This hotel has a great location. Close to the Summit, restaurants, and, of course, the gardens, yet it was tucked away in a quiet, peaceful setting. Everything about the hotel - the lobby, rooms, gym - was neat and clean. The room was a good size with a clean bathroom and a comfortable bed and linens. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeganHernando_MS
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have stayed in this location several times. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good (especially the cheese grits). And the breakfast crew is top notch! The hotel is in a nice area, close to The Summit, which is a nice for shopping with some great restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had to visit Birmingham Alabama for business and made a last minute reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn. Very nice size room, or should I say suite, great bathroom facilities. Full size tub plus a healthy sized shower. Bed was very comfortable, although i didn't sleep on the pull out couch, the couch was very comfortable as were the sitting chairs. I know because I was able to watch the first round of the British Open early one morning.

Breakfast, as noted in multiple reviews, was outstanding. Staff were wonderful and incredibly accommodating, the selection of food for this type of hotel was outstanding. Made to order eggs/omlets, waffles, biscuits, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins and on and on and on. Really, really tasty and super service. A little out of town but worth the short drive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I chose this hotel based off reviews on Trip Advisor as it was ranked very high. The area the hotel is in is very beautiful and very safe. The hotel is very nice and clean. Our room was clean and very cool. The air conditioner however was extremely noisy and rattled all night long. The beds were very uncomfortable. We were the very last room at the end of the hall and I thought it would be quiet, but I was wrong. We were right next to the room service closet and you could hear everything they were doing. We were all up very early the next morning because of all the noise. I told the front desk about the air when we checked out and she said, "ok." Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family