“Worst hotel experience ever.”

America's Best Inn Birmingham, Airport
Ranked #71 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I can't believe I didn't get my money back and run to another hotel! On the way to my non-smoking room, I passed my next door neighbor in his non-smoking room with the door propped open while he smoked and listened to his loud tv. The room smelled and had cigarette holes burned in the couch and all of the bedding. The sheets were stained. Flooring and bathroom were dirty and extremely dated. The chain on the door was cut off and I was glad there was a coffee table because I used it to lean under the doorknob for security. The following day I read some of the reviews online and am just glad that I made it through the night with my money, belongings, and my health. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank traveler4149

Reviewed 19 May 2010

This is a older property near the airport. Got a good rate of about $60. Just needed a place to stay before catching a flight. Check in OK. Room reasonably clean and smelled OK. A/C worked OK, but furniture worn. Has a micorwave and small fridge, couch and dresser. Free cont. breakfast in nice area, but very little selection and not too clean. Hotel is near railroad tracks and I heard trains in the afternoon, but did not bother sleep. Swimming pool was empty.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank beachbaken
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I will never come here again, ever. Motel 6 is MUCH better for the same price. I'm a traveling professional and have been to motels & hotels all across the US. This is either the first or second WORST I've ever stayed at.

The bathroom is disgusting. Hair all over the tub, more hair in the towels, black mold along the toilet rim. It obviously has not been cleaned in months to have that much mold buildup.

Parking is okay but would be tight if it was busy. Borders an industrial area of town and many of the other guests look very shady. Upon check-in I had a truck driver proposition me. He did this right in front of the office and the staff said nothing.

The pool is mostly drained and the water is black/green with trash in it. The noise from the blaring train horns is a constant. I have an early morning flight and between my neighbor's loud TV and that, a good sleep is not happening.

The furniture is heavily soiled. 3 of 4 towels have stains and the drapes have a large rip across them. The sheets are very thin and again, there is hair in the bed. Seriously, whats with the pubes everywhere? Beyond gross!

They lied about HBO, not only do they not have 'expanded' HBO channels, there is nothing but static on those stations. The room keys are stolen from other hotels and re-programed.

The perks are:
wireless Internet with 'okay' connectivity
always rooms available
van airport shuttle
staff was polite
laundry machines
its cheap, but soooo not worth it

NEVER bring your kids here!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelSister82
Reviewed 19 July 2009

On the other hand, the room smelled funny and my bed had a large stain on it that looked suspiciously like blood. (Given the neighborhood, it very likely was.) Not so bad overall, though, and the people who work there really are sweet.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JasonPanamaCity
Reviewed 8 April 2009

I found a great hotel to stay at near the birmingham airport.The staff was super helpful and the rooms were clean .I enjoyed my stay and save me money to do more with my children while in birmingham.It was easy to pay the 5.00 for the cab and be at the airport on time the next morning.It definitlely beats paying 140.00 a night at the Holiday Inn.I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who is flying or passing through Birmingham,Al

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Good location, Near air port, Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms And Econimaeal.
I would Deffinetly Stay At this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank americana26
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 January 2005

I stayed at the Airport Days Inn on January 3rd, 2005. Unfortunately I had not read the reviews on this website prior to checking in. The entire property has fallen into neglect and should be avoided. I encountered many of the same problems previously documented. My room did have hot water (at least warm) and the television did work. The blow dryer and clock radio didn't work. Wallpaper was starting to peel at the seams in many places. The list goes on, but I think you get the drift. Avoid this place. I paid $67/night, tax included. The hotel did shuttle me to the airport for free. This Days Inn is a franchise and not owned by the parent corporation, hence the overall poor condition of the property.

If you need to stay close to the airport select the Holiday Inn across the street or the new Sheraton Five Points currently in the final stages of construction. The new Sheraton is about a mile closer to the airport on the road leading to the terminal.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member