1. All of the ES (Embassy Suites) staff understood that we were stationed outside of the US and we were on reverse cycle for sleep. The first day, the room service staff told us that there was no credit card on file and we had to go to the front desk and “fix the problem”, or pay cash for food. We told them that the polite front desk clerk did in fact swipe our credit card and that he should double check. We paid cash and instructed him to figure out the problem. On the 3rd or 4th day the ES staff rang our room at 9.13PM but we were asleep and did not answer. At 9.15PM an ES staff began banging on our door and would not stop. We thought there was an Emergency. She stated that she needed a credit card for our room. We replied: “really… at 9.15PM, you need a credit card”. She said it could wait until morning. WHY would an ES staff member treat anyone in this manner? 2. The rooms have extremely outdated furniture with holes in the fabric. The walls and cabinets and base board are scratched, and damaged. 3. Look at the furniture in your lobby – it has holes in the fabric. We were embarrassed for you because we normally love all ES. 4. We reported that the TV remote control was not in the room and someone came to give us one. Then the TV’s did not work. So we waited for a maintenance guy, but after some time, we unplugged all the TV’s and replugged them ourselves and worked on them until they functioned properly. By the time the maint guy arrived, we had resolved the ES problem. 5. The toilet in the master suite ran all night. We reported it and your manager took one nights charge off our room; however, note that the toilet was never (never) repaired.. You have to sleep with the door closed and the fan running to drown out the sound of water leaking. 6. Traffic and road noise is very disturbing. 7. The front desk staff is extremely polite and nice. The breakfast staff also need to be commended for their politeness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Southbridge Office complex off of the Red Mountain Expressway, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale, all-suite hotel in the Birmingham area. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception served daily. Three miles from UAB Campus, St. Vincent's Hospital, the Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Civil Rights Institute and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Embassy Suites