“Enjoyed stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“Enjoyed stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed four nights for a conference and was pleased with service. The hospitality every evening was great. Jonathan at the bar did an outstanding job taking care of us. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your conference and your stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with Jonathan and appreciate you taking the time to recognize him in your review. Have a safe trip home!

Cheers,
Heather Strauss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Alabama
Reviewed 8 June 2014

While in town for four days on business I stayed here for the second year in a row. Embassy used to be so nice but this property is slowly going down hill as best as I can tell. Stains and worn places on the carpet need to be replaced. Stains on the upholstery of couches and chairs need to be cleaned/replaced. The bedroom sink had no cold water and certainly needed to be replaced as it was terribly cracked and unsanitary for sure. The bedroom remote was missing.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is very nice. The happy hour is just chips and goldfish, humus or salsa. The bar was open but I chose the grenadine flavored sprite by the snacks.
The arboretum is lovely-beautiful trees, plants, and water features. We appreciated the fish food from the front desk to feed the koi in the water pools.
This hotel needs some TLC and pride to be updated to its former glory. We did not try the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on the premises. Too expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret F
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and the overall hotel atmosphere. We are in the process of addressing the issues you mentioned regarding the suites. We recently rennovated the hallways and are currently restoring the wood furniture and deep cleaning fabric in the suites to include the carpet. These items will be completed shortly and I am confident you would see a vast improvement. Additionally, we are rennovating the elevators this week and the Lobby furniture the end of this month. I look forward to hearing your feedback upon your return! I hope you had a safe trip home.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place has good service all the way round - the rooms are nice and clean and the fact that it has Ruth's Chris steakhouse makes it all the better!
Oh and to sweeten the deal they have made to order breakfast and complimentary drinks in the evening.
Look for Jonathan to get your drinks - the man makes a mean margarita!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. Jonathan is a true asset to our team and I am glad you were able to enjoy his hospitality during the Evening Reception . Unfortunately I have not tried one of his margaritas but will certainly look at tasting after your comments! Ruth's Chris does provide our guests with a great experience as well as convenience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The staff was more helpful than any hotel ive visited and is a great stay and I look forward to staying with embassy suites again. I'd like to especially thank Michelle for going beyond in her services and helpfulness and it made me feel comfortable

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for recognizing Michelle! I will share your comments with the entire hotel team. We look forward to serving you again when you return to the Birmingham area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I travel a lot for work and had to make a quick trip to Birmingham with my usual hotel booked to capacity. I checked the usual sites and headed to the embassy suites. Which is now my "usual" hotel. The front desk was very courteous and the room was clean and presentable. It's also in a great location to my events in the city. What really impressed me was the bartender Jonathan during the managers reception. He not only gave impeccable service, but provider detailed instructions on how to get to my meetings the next day. He was busy closing down the reception, but still welcomed the questions from a wayward traveler! Thank you Hilton, as always you never cease to impress.

2 Thank KidNotorious
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for recogizing Jonathan and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the evening reception and appreciate your loyalty and business. I hope I can meet you in person and thank you personally! Please ask for me during your next visit. Have a wonderful week!

Cheers!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful place to stay. Friendly staff. Fed the fish. Its nice to relax in the hot tub after a long day. Rooms are excellent. I sleep like a baby when I stay. Breakfast is always a great start to your day.

1 Thank d1re
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you had time to enjoy our relaxing atrium as well as the hot tub. Our unique water features offer a relaxing setting after a long day!

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel offered good expectations and the overall facility was fine. However, upon checking in to room 527, things went downhill. We had a spacious 2 bedroom suite with two baths One of the baths smelled heavily of urine. The shower curtain was very close to the toilette and it was clear that people had "hit it". Disgusting. Both bedrooms were very warm and the AC unit could not sufficiently cool them, unless the doors were left open. Needless to say, the stay was a disappointment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bryan,

I apologize regarding your experience and the suite not up to our normal standards. I will review the items you noted with my team and address them immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future and provide the true service your deserve.

Heather Strauss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!