“Will stay there again”

Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Jacksonville, Florida
“Will stay there again”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I liked this hotel very much. It was clean and very nice. I enjoyed my room (6th floor), which was attractively styled. I often have trouble with hotel beds and my back, but I slept very well. Others have commented on the traffic noise, but it was loud enough to notice only a few times. I'm a city girl and probably couldn't sleep without a little traffic noise.

All of the staff were friendly and welcoming, and I had attentive waitresses. The meals I ate in the restaurant were very good. I especially liked having a good selection of hot foods in the breakfast buffet. The restaurant area is visible from the lobby, and adds a warm and welcoming touch. The softly playing classical music adds to the atmosphere.

The hotel's location is very handy to the airport. The neighborhood is not the best, but not the worst either. I did not walk outside of the hotel grounds, but I seldom do that anyway. I felt secure inside the hotel at all times. I will be making more business trips to Birmingham, and plan to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will pass your comments on to our GREAT staff that made your stay such a pleasure. Again thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Updated rooms and furniture. Lobby is nice - lady at check-in was very pleasant. Was disappointed in no free breakfast. Had exercise room and outdoor pool. Room was nice - bathroom a little small but good condition and all you need. I had a corner room on 6th floor. Outside traffic was very noisy but not much the hotel could do about it. The guy that drove the shuttle to the airport was awesome - super nice and a Christian!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I will pass on your comments to the WONDERFUL staff members that you speak so well of. I hope you will visit again when you return to our area. Thank you again.
Orlando
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our family (with toddler and baby) stayed one night in this hotel after finding a great price on Priceline for a 3-star+ rated hotel. Needless to say, I wouldn't rate it that high given the amenities. The staff was nice and the building looked fine from the outside, but the hallway was dark and a little dingy (carpet needed cleaning). The room was reasonably clean, but there was low water pressure and the smell was moist/wet. We stayed on the second floor and our unit overlooked A/C units on lower roof, which were a bit sketchy. Repairmen were working on the A/Cs at the time, so we had to keep our curtains closed. Power cables ran right in front of our room window and the outside units were rusted and loud. From the reviews, I was worried about road noise, but the A/C was so loud we couldn't hear any road noise from the interstate. All in all, it was OK for one night and right off the interstate. It would be fine for my husband and me, but I felt it was dingy for my little ones who were all over the floor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jle30491
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear jle30491,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness and on site repairs prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

We thank you again for your candid comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was great and the shuttle was ontime and efficient. I only stayed one night however, staying multiple nights would not have been a problem. It was very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you nice comment regarding our GREAT shuttle drivers. I will be sure to pass it on to them. Our entire team tries very hard to see that every guest’s stay is special. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again when in our area.
Florence, AL
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Perfect hotel if you are going to Birmingham Airport. We used the Park and Go so that we could leave our car. No problems at all. Shuttle service was great, nice drivers. Rooms were big and clean. Pick up service was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We needed a nice place for our stop in Birmingham and found this gem! Very nice room and ammenities along with one of the most friendly staffs made this a great stay! It was easy to get to downtown Birmingham to see our friends for lunch!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
It is wonderful to hear you complement our GREAT STAFF. Each and every one of our team tries to make each guest’s stay a special one. I will pass this on to them. We look forward to being your home away from home again when you need accommodations in the Birmingham area.
milwaukee
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I were on our way the catch our flight from the birmingham airport on Saturday July 20th. When we were about 20 away from the airport we received a call from Delta airlines that our dlight had been cancelled and was rescheduled for Sunday morning. Instead of having our friends drive us all the way back to Montgomery we did a quick search on our phones for hotels close to the bham airport.....this holiday inn was the closest. Then I did something I've never done.....I booked the room without checking trip advisor first. I'm not sure why some of the reviews are so negative. Check in went very smoothly, the manager and 3 young ladies behind the counter were very friendly and answered all of our questions. Our room was 618 and we could not have been more surprised and happy at the cleanliness of the room and upkeep of the hotel in general. Our room was equipped with a microwave and mini fridge, the king size bed was comfortable, pillows labeled firm and soft, list of cable channels on the night stand (under the glass and big enough to see), coffee maker, chaise lounger, and a desk. This room was fantastic!! As far as the area, we felt completely safe and even walked across the street to Kabobs to get something to eat. The only places to eat within walking distance (across the street) are Hardee's and Kabobs. Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about this establishment.....it's literally like 5 mins from the airport. When I arrived on Saturday the 20th I was highly irritated with Delta airlines but holiday inn really made things a little better for us. I'd definitely stay here again!! We paid 116.33 which was the AAA rate. It was worth every penny....Thanks Holiday Inn! I wish I would've gotten the name of the front desk workers, they were awesome! We checked in Saturday July 20th between 3 and 4.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brightis
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property and particularly about or GREAT staff and so proud that they WOWED you. We look forward to seeing you again when you revisit the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Sheraton Birmingham
Sheraton Birmingham
#33 of 79 in Birmingham

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!