“Great Experience”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Thanks to the staff at this Holiday Inn. Ashanti was the best clerk at this hotel. I knew nothing about the area and wrote directions for me to several places to shop, eat or just entertainment. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I am pleased to hear that you were happy. I have let Ashanti know and we rewarded her for excellent customer satisfaction!!!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at your Holiday Inn on Saturday October 19, 2013. Holiday Inn is our choice of vacation. We were greeted nicely as we walked in the lobby and our room was decent for an older Holiday Inn. We also like the bar next to the lobby, we had a couple of drinks there before we went to our rooms. However when we went to breakfast we found out there was a charge (we missed the fine print)for our meal. We haven't paid for our breakfast at a Holiday Inn in several years. Then there was no Tea in our room or in the dining room, you were out. No hot water for Hot Chocolate, microwave was broken. Ran out of scrambled eggs for approximately fifteen minutes. This is not the service experience we have at a Holiday Inn stay. The four of us commented that the staff seems to be in their own world, just our feeling. Such a disappointing experience for a Holiday Inn. Your Holiday Inn is not our overnight stay of choice!
Your Holiday Inn on our nascar weekend was the most expensive, plus a breakfast charge and a disappointing breakfast experience.

Cathy and John Hart
846 Turtle Run
Churubusco, IN

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John H
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I apologize that your stay was not positive for you. I have contacted all of the department heads and advised them that this is unacceptable and we are working toward greatness.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here recently the last weekend of October. It was fully sold out and you could tell by the parking lot. The even goin on in Birmingham was the Magic City Classic. This hotel is far enough away from the traffic of the city buy close enough that you can be there in no time.

Hotel had great staff and easy check in. There was a bar in the lobby that you could get food and drinks from for a reasonable price. I had the filet mignon and it was wonderful. I had a room with 2 beds and they were both soft and comfortable. The bathroom was quaint but had everything you needed.

The hotel exterior was guarded by and armed guard and it made me feel safe with my car in the parking lot. The parking lot is also gated around the hotel. There is a shuttle to take you to the airport that I saw leaving every so often because the airport is only a few minutes away. There is a hardees across the street also if you don't want to eat the breakfast buffet that is NOT free in the lobby.

Overall, I would stay here again if I was flying out or if I just needed a quick stay in Birmingham.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about our property, because we take pride in pleasing guest such as you. I am ecstatic to hear that the staff welcomed you with open arms. We hope that you visit us again!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I liked this hotel very much. It was clean and very nice. I enjoyed my room (6th floor), which was attractively styled. I often have trouble with hotel beds and my back, but I slept very well. Others have commented on the traffic noise, but it was loud enough to notice only a few times. I'm a city girl and probably couldn't sleep without a little traffic noise.

All of the staff were friendly and welcoming, and I had attentive waitresses. The meals I ate in the restaurant were very good. I especially liked having a good selection of hot foods in the breakfast buffet. The restaurant area is visible from the lobby, and adds a warm and welcoming touch. The softly playing classical music adds to the atmosphere.

The hotel's location is very handy to the airport. The neighborhood is not the best, but not the worst either. I did not walk outside of the hotel grounds, but I seldom do that anyway. I felt secure inside the hotel at all times. I will be making more business trips to Birmingham, and plan to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. I will pass your comments on to our GREAT staff that made your stay such a pleasure. Again thank you.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Updated rooms and furniture. Lobby is nice - lady at check-in was very pleasant. Was disappointed in no free breakfast. Had exercise room and outdoor pool. Room was nice - bathroom a little small but good condition and all you need. I had a corner room on 6th floor. Outside traffic was very noisy but not much the hotel could do about it. The guy that drove the shuttle to the airport was awesome - super nice and a Christian!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I will pass on your comments to the WONDERFUL staff members that you speak so well of. I hope you will visit again when you return to our area. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our family (with toddler and baby) stayed one night in this hotel after finding a great price on Priceline for a 3-star+ rated hotel. Needless to say, I wouldn't rate it that high given the amenities. The staff was nice and the building looked fine from the outside, but the hallway was dark and a little dingy (carpet needed cleaning). The room was reasonably clean, but there was low water pressure and the smell was moist/wet. We stayed on the second floor and our unit overlooked A/C units on lower roof, which were a bit sketchy. Repairmen were working on the A/Cs at the time, so we had to keep our curtains closed. Power cables ran right in front of our room window and the outside units were rusted and loud. From the reviews, I was worried about road noise, but the A/C was so loud we couldn't hear any road noise from the interstate. All in all, it was OK for one night and right off the interstate. It would be fine for my husband and me, but I felt it was dingy for my little ones who were all over the floor.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jle30491
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear jle30491,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness and on site repairs prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

We thank you again for your candid comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The room was great and the shuttle was ontime and efficient. I only stayed one night however, staying multiple nights would not have been a problem. It was very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Leo J, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you nice comment regarding our GREAT shuttle drivers. I will be sure to pass it on to them. Our entire team tries very hard to see that every guest’s stay is special. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again when in our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
The Hotel Highland Downtown UAB
Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport? Share your experiences!