Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Delux Inn & Suites(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnear airportbreakfast buffetearly flightleave your carminutes from the airporthotel restaurantnice roomstaff was friendlybeds were comfortableshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Can't believe how nice this place has become. It had been awhile since I'd been to this Holiday Inn and had just written it off over time. But I came here last week for a meeting and was blown away about what the place has become. New management took over about a year ago and has done an incredible job in turning this place around. With it being so close to the airport I will be sure to continue to use this hotel. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NickKopp
Ken H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We hope that whenever you are in the Birmingham area we will continue to be your #1 choice in lodging.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Wow, what a busy weekend here! The hotel was full to capacity which meant things like the elevator or housekeeping duties were slow. Come to think of it, housekeeping didn’t make it to my room. Overall the hotel was in pretty good condition. I detected what appeared to be a moldy smell in the hallways but other than that, ok. The banquet hall met our needs, but the sound system is in need of an upgrade. There is a nice watering hole (bar) on location. All employees were nice and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Big_Globe_Traveler

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We value your feedback and your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate departments. We hope to see you as our guest again when returning to the Birmingham area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a one night stay before leaving for Florida. I had traveled by bus to Birmingham to join my daughter for our scheduled vacation. Check in was easy and the front desk staff was very efficient. The room was very nice and clean... bed was super comfortable and I slept like a baby. By late night the room was very warm, even though the thermostat was set at 65 when I checked in, it didn't cool off much.

I got down to breakfast as they were clearing the buffet and asked if there was anything I could get to go from the menu. The response was far less that polite. The front desk had told me to ask and that I could possibly get coffee and toast to go. I don't blame the hotel for this persons rudeness. I left hungry... but I lived. (smiles)

My one other minor concern was the cleaning residue in the bathtub which made it very slippery. The tub did have have a slip resistant bottom, but whatever was on the surface (I assume from cleaning) made even that textured bottom very slippery. Perhaps a better rinsing would have solved that problem. I know I will rinse a tub out before showering in any other hotel I stay in,.

Though brief, I'm not deterred, I would stay at this Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Please rinse your bathtub before stepping in it. Unless you want a VERY warm room in late spring or summer... ask for a room without morning sun or keep the drape liner closed. By the way, the liner keeps the sun out but NOT the heat.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jean W
Ken H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, we are pleased to hear that the check in process was seamless and that your room was clean and comfortable. Your concerns have been addressed with the F&B department and we hope that you will return as our guest and experience the level of service and quality food that we are capable of extending to all of our guests.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nothing really amazed me about this hotel. I work in hotels and I noticed a lot of things that could be done better. The check in process didn't go so well. Donna over authorized my debit card after I told her to cancel my more expensive reservation and keep my two employee reservations instead. She didn't listen and that caused my money to be tied up on hold for 3 days. Luckily i had enough to cover my trip that it didn't put me in a bind but when working in hotels you have to be very careful about things like this and you could tell she was just trying to breeze through the checkin process. She wasn't rude however she didn't make me feel welcome either. The hotel room was okay the bathrooms could use some updating. Housekeepers you could tell don't take their time on the room I was in. There was lots of dust and an old cup mark where a previous guest had set a cup and the soda had dripped off and was sticky as well in the bathroom on the shelf that is under the sink. Overall i wouldn't say this is a horrible hotel but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Taylor T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to check in experience and housekeeping services. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced at the front desk. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here for the Indy race and it was only 15 minutes away from the track, which was nice. From the moment of check in ( I didn't get the girls names) they were totally awesome and friendly! I checked in between 5 and 6 Saturday if that helps narrow it down. We received a little gift bag with a water and bag of chips and got 2 coupons for a complimentary drink (alcoholic or non) that was nice and very well unexpected. Everytime we walked by the girls made sure to speak to us and make sure everything was going well with our stay. We went to the bar later that night and Sara B. Was very nice as well. She went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy! We were all laughing and having such a good time. We saw Sara at breakfast the next morning and she was very personable which makes things a lot nicer!!! We saw her later on when we went to the bar but she was working the restaurant side but still poked her head in and said hey! My husband and I are already planning our next trip here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We at the Holiday Inn thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one, and even more thrilled to hear that you will be returning as our guest in the future. Please be sure to contact us at 205-591-6900 if you need any assistance booking your reservation, also we welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally as we are always looking for way to improve from your previous stay.