“Disappointed”

Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Austin, TX
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 May 2005

This is not what I would expect from a Holiday Inn. There were a number of people waiting to check in, when a guest cut the line to check out and the desk staff helped him before all of us in line. The hotel is old and the hallway to my room was dark. My socks turned dark from walking on the carpet without my shoes. The high speed internet in my room did not work and the sound on my TV was distorted. This was a hotel where I locked the door to my room and did not venture out again that evening. It was an overnight stay only, as I had to catch an early morning flight out of BHM; I would have moved elsewhere if I had to stay any more nights.

Stayed May 2005
9 Thank suzannern

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2005

I used to stay at this hotel on a regular basis with my job as a flight attendant. We were advised by the front desk not to leave the hotel after dark. The hotel didnt have hot running water for 2 weeks. And once I found blood on one of my towels in the bathroom. There are plenty of other hotels in BHM that are much better and resonably priced. Stay away from this one. After many many complaints we were moved to the much nicer Shereton downtown....

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 17 December 2004

The room was fine, about what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Staff was marginally friendly. Price was reasonable at $75 online, though my high speed internet didn't work. I didn't complain, since I carry a wireless internet card, so I can't say whether they would have fixed it or moved me. Everything was clean, though the hotel is starting to show some signs of age. What wasn't so great was the road noise. Yes, it's nearby an airport, but it's the 2 highways that produced the incessant whines and roars that had me up past my bedtime for an early flight. I can't tell you how many trucks I heard roaring by from 10 to 12:30 (when I finally fell asleep). Otherwise, no real complaints, and very convenient to the airport with a shuttle bus.

8 Thank morellyn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 April 2004

We stayed here August 2003. This was a great place to stay at an affordable price. The room was clean, the downstairs restaurant had excellent food, and the staff was friendly. Overall, we had a great experience. I would highly recommend this place.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Days Inn Fultondale
Days Inn Fultondale
#1 of 8 in Fultondale
SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport

Property: Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Address: 5000 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35212-1410
Region: United States > Alabama > Birmingham
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport 3*
The spectacular Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel is known for the highest in quality service and accommodations. Located just 1 mile from the Birmingham International Airport, just off I-20/I-59 and I-459. We are consistently top rated nationally in overall guest satisfaction. This hotel offers a smoke- and pet-free environment with beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Offering meeting rooms able to accommodate up to 200 people. Our hotel features complimentary airport shuttle service, complimentary Wi-Fi, 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness facility. Stay and Fly Packages are available. The Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel is close to the history that makes Birmingham unique. Whether you are visiting Birmingham on business or pleasure, you ll find our hotel staff is here to accommodate all of your needs. We are centrally located, placing our hotel minutes from downtown and convenient to many attractions and business locations, such as Barber Motor Sports, Talladega Super Speedway, Civil Rights Museum, 16th Street Baptist Church, Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama Adventure Theme Park, Splash Beach Water Park and Five Points South Entertainment District. The Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport offers exceptional service and accommodations you have come to expect and deserve. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport Hotel Birmingham