All reviews room was clean nice stay front desk staff was very friendly great location shawn shuttle lobby interstate
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I'm only giving it 2 stars because the staff was awesome.
Hotel is beat up. It's in a bad area of town. I only stayed here due to a delayed flight. If it wasn't for being very late and extremely tied, I would have definitely stayed somewhere else. The halls going to rooms were humid and stinky. This place feels like a large motel. I got the feeling the whoever owns this place lives by the philosophy of "fix only what's absolutely necessary"
See some of the photos I listed.
Door Lock wouldn't retract.
Carpet near the ac had obvious water damage.
Fridge was broken.
Bathroom had mold or something along the bottom of the tub.
The armrest on the chair are ripped up.
I was there for only a few hours overnight and I couldn't wait to leave. Do yourself a favor, book somewhere else.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank trainaholic
Costel H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear trainaholic,
First let me thank you for bringing these issues to our attention . The hotel went through a major 3.5 million renovation . We are still working on a punch list will the contractors to remedy issues such as the ones described by you .
Hotel also changed management recently and a new , experienced and enthusiastically leadership team is in place ..
All that being said , we have no excuse for the issues you experienced . Please contact me directly at gm@hibhm.com to give us a chance to make you whole .
Thank you for your feedback !

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport GM

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Our room was clean, roomy and bed was extremely comfortable. Staff is friendly and courteous. Hotel has shuttle service to airport which is great for us. We stay here and are shuttled to and from airport. Our vehicle is safe.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Shane A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Stephanie ,
Thank you for the 5 star review ! We look forward seeing you back at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport .
Costel H.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights while working at the Birmingham Airport. From the outside the hotel looks a little worn and could use a fresh coat of paint and new windows. The area isn’t the best but never worried about safety or security. Once in the hotel, the staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was nice. The bathroom needs some updating but for the most part not terrible. The sheets and pillows were clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. Overall the stay was ok. If you staying at this hotel I recommended Sammy’s sandwich shop around the corner. They have a great burger!! Hope this review helps!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The staff was nice and helpful but the room was very average and overpriced. Our room was close to the Interstate and the traffic noise kept me awake most of the night. We also requested an early wake-up call because we had an early flight, but we didn't receive one. Luckily, we were away because of the noise.

Room tip: Get a room away from the main highway!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We had a very good experience with this hotel. We arrived at midnight after a very long drive. We were happy to see that the parking lot is secure and monitored as we are leaving our car here for two weeks. Keown at the front desk was cheerful and professional. Our room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. Latrice exemplified Southern hospitality with her smile and quick refills of hot coffee. The hotel is older, yet very well maintained. Definitely recommend staying here!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple