“FANTASTIC VALUE”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport
Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Stayed for one night 11/09/10, before a two week holiday, leaving the car for this time at the Hotel. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms and Hotel exellent, transfers to and from the Hotel went like clockwork. On our return early hours 27/09/10 the gentlemen behind the desk offered us a hot drink before our drive back to Swansea and was very helpful. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone, wouldnt hesitate to fly from Birmingham again and stay at this establishment, will be looking to stay a few nights with family to visit Birmingham to Xmas shop. Enjoyed the breakfast thank you for a pleasant stay great value. Try the fish in the small or little owl next door, beer prices are cheaper than what we pay in Swansea.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed for the weekend as my son was starting college in Birmingham. Didn't expect too much after reading other comments, but...
Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very friendly and helpful to us. From the check in to the breakfast buffet to the van driver. My wife who is partially handicapped couldn't climb up into the hotel's van to go to the airport, so the driver took us in his own car to make it easier. On reception they gave us coupons for a free (real) breakfast for both days. We weren't impressed when 5 busloads of a visiting college football team checked in just after us, but they had their own floor and it was no problem to us. Not a whole lot around the hotel, but right by the airport and short drive to restaurants etc.
Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank On_the_road_175
hibhm, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2010

I want to take the time out to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport; we know that you have many choices while visiting Birmingham. Congratulations on your son, we which him the best on his next journey in life.
At the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport we strive to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations and provide the value and service they deserve. I hope the next time you visit your son, you choose the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport as your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

I recently and the worst check-in experience ever with a Holiday Inn. The guest service representative was a cold and uninviting. I guess it's according to the color of the person. I noticed anyone who was black she became very mechanical. A problem arose upon checking into the hotel. She was not helpful when it came to offering any assistance to solve the problem. Everyone else was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ladej256

I have read your review and I would like to offer an apology for the feeling that was impressed upon you. I know it can not retract time and change impressions, but it is not our intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable, out of place or unappreciated. I am not excusing your feelings but merely trying to offer some solace to the situation.

I sincerely thank you for your choice of the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport and I hope that your actual stay was great.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed here again to catch an early morning (5:30am) flight out of Birmingham, but were disappointed this time. On our first stay here we were on the 7th floor and the room was perfect and very clean. During this stay we were on the 6th floor which was not clean. As soon an we stepped off the elevator we noticed how dirty the hall carpet was and it was that way all the way to our room, and it didn't stop there. The carpeting in the room was so dirty that the white socks I put on when I took my shoes off turned "dark" brown within minutes of walking on it. I would not stay on this floor again. If you stay there request the 7th floor, it was clean. In fact the next time we fly out early we will be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IslandHoppingAgain
Reviewed 21 May 2010

The location's got some pros and cons to it. It's awesome that it's about a mile from the airport (and they have a shuttle), but the general location doesn't seem super safe. Still, you'll probably be fine as long as you're aware and remove all valuables from your car and park under a light.

The room's nothing special but the bed and pillows were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

The staff at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport work painstakingly to keep our hotel safe and clean for our guests. We thank you for your choice of the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport and I hope you choose us on your next trip to Birmingham, AL.

Reviewed 19 May 2010

A very nice hotel. Has free shuttle to airport. Check in good. Room was large and clean. Nice furniture and bed linens. Had desk and workstation, micorwave, fridge, iron, board, etc. A/C was cold and pretty quiet. Has a nice restaurant, but poor service when I was there. A nice hotel for the $95 rate I got.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2010

A sad tail (pun intended). I booked a night at this hotel online, assuming (my mistake, I know!) that this Holiday Express, like some of its brethren, would accept small pets. Later, I discovered I was wrong. This morning, I called to cancel and was informed that, having received a good rate online, I could not receive a refund. In other words, they'd be happy to rent my room to someone else, but they'd be keeping my $$, thank you very much!

The reason, stated as if its rightness was self-evident? This is simply how things are. Is anyone else out there sick of the excuse that deeply unreasonable and consumer-unfriendly "policies" are okay, simply because they are policies? If I get stopped by a cop for speeding, do I get to tell him, "Sorry, pal, it's my 'policy' not to observe the speed limit?"

We are all so afraid of being over-governed, yet we allow corporate concerns to hose us without a blink. Anyone else tired of this?

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ChicagoEnRoute

My staff and I at the Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport apologize for any miss communication concerning our pet policy, however: we are a full service and have never accepted pets. The Holiday Inn Express however does accept pets. We have inventoried the websites we advertise on to make sure there are no miss understandings in the future about the pet policy.

I thank you for your comment.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown
SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Airport? Share your experiences!