“Beautiful, Friendly, Convenient & Immaculate”

Days Inn Birmingham/Summit Mall
Ranked #62 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Richmond Hill, GA
“Beautiful, Friendly, Convenient & Immaculate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Per Mark: I am so pleased that I had the opportunity to stay in this fine hotel, tucked away in a spectacular part of Birmingham's hills. I hope to visit again, when the lovely, and tidy pool is opened. I found the staff to be as cordial and they were efficient, going above and beyond duty, to see that I got plenty of 'bang for my bucks," during my stay. From the minute I walked into the lobby, I was met with friendly and respectful hospitality. I believe the price to be reasonable, and I enjoyed speaking with all of the other guests I encountered during my visit. Many thanks to the owner, whom I found to be most sincere in his desire to assure all his customers enjoy security, rest, and convenience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Camdenton, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

The young lady at the desk was very helpful getting room changed to first floor because it is easier with dog. Very clean. One of the best I have been in for pet owners. Loved the layout of the bathroom/vanity!
Great location. Many restuarants to choose from within walking distance. Will stay here again for sure. Stay in many hotels from Mo. to the Keys every year and this is one of the best for this price . And we do not stay in dumps..husband has been known to ask for money back and leave. Lol !
Stayed towards the back, so did not hear any traffic. Aren't most hotels on the Hwy. when you travel?
Kathy B

Room Tip: Rooms in towards back are quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
toody703
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

the hotel and staff were awesome, especially for the price. I had only one complaint and its one you would expect from a more reasonably priced room, it was too close to the interstate and as such, was a little loud in the morning. So bring your ear plugs along and it's well worth the stay and the price. It even has blackout curtains that actually work! Anyone that spends anytime at all in hotel rooms understands just how rare and important they are!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor, not sure if that's good or bad :)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn Birmingham on highway 280. I was promised a no smoking room. They contintued to tell me that it was a no smoking room and yet there were ash trays in the toom. Why would there be ash trays in the room if it was no smoking? They charge extra for everything. The customer service was the worst that I ever experienced. From the front desk to the housekeeping! Even the manager was RUDE! No one would help me with my luggage even though they have nothing to do. I would never go back to that hotel! I do not recommend that anyone go there either!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Kathy T
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

None of the rooms connect to the lobby, unlike in many hotels when a hallway connects at least one building. So to get to the free breakfast or fitness center, you had to go outside first. The fitness center has one treadmill, one elliptical, one stationary bike and one universal station, not a bad selection I thought. But the only machine I wanted to use was the treadmill, and it didn't work. The room was disappointing at their price point. The toilet worked intermittently, and when it wasn't in use, it often made sounds as if it was. The bathroom was large, but all the components were of very low quality (plastic, etc.). The toilet paper was 1-ply, but seemingly even more brittle than you would expect even from 1-ply. The carpet was a low commercial grade, and a dark grey color, so I couldn't tell one way or the other whether it was clean or not. The refrigerator had what looked like condensation drops on the inside back, but when I tried them wipe it off, I discovered that whatever it was, it was solid and wouldn't come off. Some of our neighbors were pretty loud and raucous outside their room at night, and since all the rooms face the parking lot, and the walls are apparently pretty thin, you're going to hear pretty much everything anyway. The main thing I liked about the room was the temperature control. The heat worked really well, and was quiet. I found out that there are lots of other hotels nearby (Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Wingate, etc.), and any one of them would likely be much nicer. Next time I am in this area, I will be selecting one of those hotels, not this one.

Room Tip: Test the toilet before moving your stuff in.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ranken
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Please, by all means, DO NOT STAY HERE! We were treated HORRIBLY by both of the "ladies" at the front desk from the moment we walked in to the moment that we left. While checking in, I asked if I could change to a king-size bed, and the lady informed me that it would cost an extra $10 a night, and that I would HAVE to pay it in cash, because it was too "complicated" (????) to charge it to my debit card. So I had to drive in Friday rush hour traffic on HWY 280 (no small feat) to an ATM to procure the $20 in cash (with $6 in bank fees). I have a suspicious feeling that she was pocketing that cash and that Days Inn never saw it. THEN, we got assigned a room with a broken air conditioner and spent the evening tossing and turning. When we asked the NEW horrible front desk lady if we could change rooms, she treated us like two low-lifes trying to get something for free, and grilled us about what we might have been doing wrong to cause it not to work. (All we wanted was a cool, comfortable place to sleep.) Finally, she stomped over to our room, waved her hand in front of the A/C, declared that it "worked" and that she was NOT moving us, even though the hotel was mostly empty. Suffice to say, we are never, EVER going back to this place again. I would recommend going here ONLY if you and yours don't mind being treated like low-life scum.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DudetteAbides
detroit, mich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

First this place is popular with contractors in the area. So at 6 am they are leaving. The rooms are well furnished and somewhat clean. Bathrooms clean, carpeting is not. i paid 63 a nite and I would not spend anymore. The continental breakfast, well cereal is ok. The biscuits were like a brick and dry. No OJ one morning, Computer not working in lobby. Beds were Very comfy! Pillows Very good. TV worked- lots of channels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business