“Great Experience! Would Stay Here Again!”

Days Inn Birmingham/Summit Mall
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Jackson
“Great Experience! Would Stay Here Again!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was my second trip to Birmingham. The first trip, our stay at a different hotel in this area was horrible! However, this time was great! The lady behind the counter was super polite and the room was very clean. The pool was also clean. The free breakfast was good with plenty to choose from. We did not use the fitness center, but we did look at it and had we stayed longer, we definitely would have wanted to use it. Trust me, this this the best place to stay in this area of Birmingham if you are on a budget. Oh, and the area is very safe and convienient. Very pleased with our stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Charlotte Nc
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Felt very fortunate to have found this place for our weekend away from home to gather with family. It met all the criteria for our stay: a very clean, convenient, affordable, safe, comfortable and attractive room for two nights out of town but accessible to everything we needed.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool and the front lobby, which faces a busy highway, are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Richmond Hill, GA
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Per Mark: I am so pleased that I had the opportunity to stay in this fine hotel, tucked away in a spectacular part of Birmingham's hills. I hope to visit again, when the lovely, and tidy pool is opened. I found the staff to be as cordial and they were efficient, going above and beyond duty, to see that I got plenty of 'bang for my bucks," during my stay. From the minute I walked into the lobby, I was met with friendly and respectful hospitality. I believe the price to be reasonable, and I enjoyed speaking with all of the other guests I encountered during my visit. Many thanks to the owner, whom I found to be most sincere in his desire to assure all his customers enjoy security, rest, and convenience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The young lady at the desk was very helpful getting room changed to first floor because it is easier with dog. Very clean. One of the best I have been in for pet owners. Loved the layout of the bathroom/vanity!
Great location. Many restuarants to choose from within walking distance. Will stay here again for sure. Stay in many hotels from Mo. to the Keys every year and this is one of the best for this price . And we do not stay in dumps..husband has been known to ask for money back and leave. Lol !
Stayed towards the back, so did not hear any traffic. Aren't most hotels on the Hwy. when you travel?
Kathy B

Room Tip: Rooms in towards back are quiet
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
toody703
Reviewed 3 November 2011

the hotel and staff were awesome, especially for the price. I had only one complaint and its one you would expect from a more reasonably priced room, it was too close to the interstate and as such, was a little loud in the morning. So bring your ear plugs along and it's well worth the stay and the price. It even has blackout curtains that actually work! Anyone that spends anytime at all in hotel rooms understands just how rare and important they are!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor, not sure if that's good or bad :)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn Birmingham on highway 280. I was promised a no smoking room. They contintued to tell me that it was a no smoking room and yet there were ash trays in the toom. Why would there be ash trays in the room if it was no smoking? They charge extra for everything. The customer service was the worst that I ever experienced. From the front desk to the housekeeping! Even the manager was RUDE! No one would help me with my luggage even though they have nothing to do. I would never go back to that hotel! I do not recommend that anyone go there either!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Kathy T
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 October 2011

None of the rooms connect to the lobby, unlike in many hotels when a hallway connects at least one building. So to get to the free breakfast or fitness center, you had to go outside first. The fitness center has one treadmill, one elliptical, one stationary bike and one universal station, not a bad selection I thought. But the only machine I wanted to use was the treadmill, and it didn't work. The room was disappointing at their price point. The toilet worked intermittently, and when it wasn't in use, it often made sounds as if it was. The bathroom was large, but all the components were of very low quality (plastic, etc.). The toilet paper was 1-ply, but seemingly even more brittle than you would expect even from 1-ply. The carpet was a low commercial grade, and a dark grey color, so I couldn't tell one way or the other whether it was clean or not. The refrigerator had what looked like condensation drops on the inside back, but when I tried them wipe it off, I discovered that whatever it was, it was solid and wouldn't come off. Some of our neighbors were pretty loud and raucous outside their room at night, and since all the rooms face the parking lot, and the walls are apparently pretty thin, you're going to hear pretty much everything anyway. The main thing I liked about the room was the temperature control. The heat worked really well, and was quiet. I found out that there are lots of other hotels nearby (Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Wingate, etc.), and any one of them would likely be much nicer. Next time I am in this area, I will be selecting one of those hotels, not this one.

Room Tip: Test the toilet before moving your stuff in.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ranken
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
La Quinta Inn Birmingham / Cahaba Park South
Quality Inn & Suites Birmingham Highway 280
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness
Days Inn Galleria-Birmingham
Days Inn Galleria-Birmingham
#40 of 80 in Birmingham
Candlewood Suites Birmingham - Hoover
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South

Been to Days Inn Birmingham/Summit Mall? Share your experiences!