This hotel was just ok. THe best thing about it is the location. In 5 points near restaurants, etc... I walked to the downtown and passed other hotels that are not as close to anything because to be honest i found B'ham to be a bit dead downtown. The hotel is ok but I kept hearing loud music when I was there at night which annoyed me. I dont know if it was coming from in or outside the hotel so might not be anything the hotel could have controlled but it was hard to sleep. The room was big enough. But I dont know - something about it was lacking. THe decor was kind of 50s retro mod which was ok. But I dont think my particular room had been cleaned very well. There were no towels in the bathroom when I got in and there was a piece of something like a pretzel or something in the middle of the floor. Anyway not the best impression when coming in. The whole hotel kind of gave me a "meh" feeling. Not awful, but not impressive either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Highland at Five Points South is located just minutes/blocks from UAB and right in the center of all the fabulous restaurants (including Highland Bar & Grill, Chez FonFon, Surin, Ocean, and Twenty Six, just to name a few) and entertainment venues! It is THE place to be while in Birmingham! Just minutes from the Birmingham Courthouse, BJCC, Kirklin Clinic, UAB Highlands and shopping areas! With 63 amazing rooms and suites, with affordable rates that include breakfast and WiFi...it is your "home away from home". Call today to book your reservation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your The Hotel Highland Downtown UAB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Highland At 5 Points
- Highland At Five Points Hotel