“Downtown Birmingham location”

Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Irvington, Alabama
“Downtown Birmingham location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

great property located across from UAB Medical Center & within walking distance to 5-Points restaurants (also try local Becky's South on University Blvd for inexpensive breakfast). our room was on the 1st-floor, clean room, comfy bed, amenities-> we especially liked the Wolfgang Puck coffee maker.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I am happy that you stayed with us and even more happy that we made you happy during your stay. If you come back please contact me personally. I love speaking with our guests to see what could we do to improve and make your stay better than the last or just what could we do to make it great whether you've stayed with us or not. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Good location near the med center and university. Hotel is somewhat out-dated but our room was very nice with a slight smell of disinfectant. We were upgraded to a nice room on the main floor with a walk-out to a nice patio.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello,
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we are constantly making revitalizations to the hotel so that it can be wonderful for our guests. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your room and I hope you come back and visit please contact me personally. I would like to know if there is anything additional you may need to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

I stay here at least once a month at the expense of my employer. It is a great location with wonderful staff always working to make each stay a nice one. Out the front door up the hill to the pedestrian street there is a latin restaurant, thai/sushi bar, and barbecue.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank celeste652
Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and the area that we are located in. We make sure we give our guests options and it is a joy to let our guests know of all the great choices for restaurants that are only a few blocks away from the hotel. We certainly want to make every stay full of options,very convient and, of course, enjoyable. Thank you and I hope to meet you soon.
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

My partner and I arrived at Doubletree late in the evening following a long haul flight and car journey. Check-in was quick and the complimentary cookie certainly made my day! The staff were super friendly, and more than happy to recommend restaurants still open nearby. Special mention to Shay and Donald! We were given helpful leaflets on things to do and how to get there during our stay in Birmingham. The hotel's in a great location and the room was clean and tastefully decorated. Air con was a little noisy but still had a good couple of nights' sleep. Really can't complain.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I am so pleased to know that you had an enjoyable experience while being a guest with us. Many are certainly surprised when they arrive at our hotel and realize how close we are to so many attractions.The closest attraction being the 5 points district and that's only 2 blocks away and that area alone has about a dozen or more restaurants. I do hope you come back and visit. If you do come back please feel free to contact me personally because I would love to help make your stay even more enjoyable. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

My stay was on 8/13/2012, just now getting to review. My dad was in VA hospital, which is just 3-4 blocks away, I didn't even have to move my car just could walk. Good Location if you are visiting any hospital in the area. Very friendly service. Walked in for room (no reservation), got room immediately. Even requested room change due to first one smelled like cigarette smoke. Very friendly, immediately gave me another room. They had restaurant or room service. Only there for one night so didn't use a lot of the services. A great stay. Would stay there again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
It is so great to see that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. We are only within a few blocks to several different hospitals. We are also only 2 blocks away from over 10 restaurants. Everything from italian to barbeque, so not only do you have easy access to numerous hospitals but also restaurants. We try to make your stay convenient, easy and comfortable. If you make a reservation please contact me personally. I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager, I would love to speak with you to see if there is anything else we can do to ensure you have a pleasureable stay. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Horse Shoe, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

The staff is excellent here--very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nicely renovated and the gym has new equipment. However, the walls are pretty thin. I could hear my neighbor watching TV and it's not blasting. I hate that.

• Stayed October 2012
We appreciate you staying with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the walls being thin in your room. We do have quieters rooms in the hotel. When you book your stay with us again contact me personally so that I may select a room for you that will be quieter and you'll be able to enjoy your stay even more. I hope you come back and visit and I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Reading previous reviews made me skeptical of what type of experience we might be in for. However, our recent one night stay was excellent. The staff who greeted at check-in and check-out were friendly and prompt (plus, I got my cookie). The room was clean and nicely appointed. As we frequent the UAB campus and like to stay at a convenient location, we will definitely be back.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Hello,
This is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Doubletree Hotel in Birmingham, Al. I do really appreciate your positive feedback and I am so excited that you enjoyed your stay and you will be back with us. When you make your reservation please contact me personally if you need anything. I can be reached at the hotel at 205-933-9000 or you may email me at medwards@columbiasussex.com. I want to make your stay even more enjoyable. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you