“Won't stay there again....”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“Won't stay there again....”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was shocked about paid parking... The carpeting was not clean, especially between the two beds...looked like it was not vacuumed in forever... Charge to get on Internet from your room.... Never did get connected even after two men came to my room to assist... Bed was too soft....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I do apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectation. Our brand standard is to provide excellence service. Please contact me at the hotel so that I may know in greater detail how we could have exceeded your expectations. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gainesville, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is old and dirty. The AC was broken, laud, and very dirty. Some of the electrical outlets did not work. It is ridiculous that you have to pay extra for internet and parking. The rooms don't have refrigerators, so when we asked for one they brought one that was old and dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There is no refrigerator

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. This is not our normal standard of service. I would like to invite you back to stay with us so that we may have the opportunity to help you experience a great stay. You may contact me at the hotel so that when you make your reservation I can personally assist you with getting all of your needs met. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Cross City, FL, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel was great location in proximity to the medical school at UAB. One request that would have been nice would have been a mini fridge/microwave to make it more home like, but I know that's not always possible. Sue (the bartender in the lobby) is awesome!! She always went above and beyond to accommodate me.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. For your next reservation, we can put in remarks that you would like a refrigerator so that you may have it in your room when you arrive, complimentary of course. We are on the campus of UAB so anyone doing business with UAB or visiting the hospital will experience the convenience of only being a few blocks away. I hope you come back and visit with us soon. Thank you.
Tumwater, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an older hotel near downtown. It is a little dated but still met all of my needs with the one exception. The lobby bar's prices were outrageous. Nearly $10.00 for an amaretto, come on. The rooms were clean and the restaurant breakfast was good.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and had an enjoyable stay. Our breakfast is famous, for the taste and the high number of variety items we have for our guest to choose from. We have everything from salmon to biscuits and gravy. I hope you come back and visit with us soon. Thank you
Hastings, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel at the spur of the moment and the staff was accommodating in locating a reasonably priced room for my daughter and myself. The free parking in the garage was convenient. This hotel is very close to great restaurants if you choose to venture out. The room was clean, and spacious and the beds were nice and comfortable. They have a shuttle service to/from the airport which is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am so glad that our staff went above and beyond for you. At the Doubletree, we understand the importance of making our guest feel special. I hope for your next girls weekend you choose to stay with us again. Thank you
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Hotel staff was very helpful and professional. The problem I have with this hotel is the price you pay for a room that is the equivalent to any Holiday INN I have stayed in. You pay more for the room and don't even get complimentary breakfast. You even have to pay $10/day for the internet service. You can get the same quality with more accommodations for less by staying across the street at the Marriott. Also, this location is downtown by the medical center. Be prepared to listen to sirens all day and all through the night.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am glad to know that our staff treated you well. At the Doubletree, we understand that our guest come and visit for varying reasons so that is why we have various rate options. For your next visit, please give me a call and we can connect with reservations about different rate options for you. I hope you come back and visit with us again. Thank you
Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Have stayed here many weeks for business, this hotel is a good solid choice in downtown Birmingham. Great location close to Five Points (Lots of Restaurants) and the medical centers. The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly, other than location definitely their biggest asset. The rooms are your average hotel room in a business hotel. Clean, comfortable, perhaps a bit worn around the edges due to use and age.

Breakfast Buffet is great, made to order omelettes and the like with a good selection of hot and cold items.

Room Tip: Even side has a better view of the city, odd side looks into parking structure.