“Grasshopper's wedding”

Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Grasshopper's wedding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

At checkin Front desk clerk was not seeming interested in volunteering information on the hotel 's parking or any other relative information. I was a little annoyed because once we got to room keys did not work so had to go back down to desk. Once we got settled into room later that evening. We noticed dried food that had not been vacuumed around sides of bed. Room smelled a bit musky and old. Beds were amazingly comfortable. (I'm all about a good bed). Wouldn't be a choice to stay again but this was hotel chosen for wedding guest. Had a special rate for wedding guest otherwise i may have been even more disappointed. Rooms are actually nice just need to be cleaned.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel Birmingham. I apologize that your stay was not exceptional. That is certainly not our normal standard of service because we consciously strive for excellence daily. Please call me at the hotel so that I may speak with you personally about your stay because your feedback is valued because you are a valued guest. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Birmingham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

The pillows were too soft. The sink needed service with liquid plumber. Other than that it was not my best stay at a Doubletree, but it fit what I had to do. The cookies was a good signature. They were given upon request. Carpets need to be cleaned and there could be some imporvements with the scent throughout the hotel. My friend worked at one that put the scent in the vents. Just a small neutral scent .

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I appreciate you choosing to stay with and your feedback is very important. I apologize that everything was not in working order in your room. We would have been more than happy to fix those concerns. If you come back to visit with us please contact me so that I may help make your next stay even more enjoyable. Thank you
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was shocked about paid parking... The carpeting was not clean, especially between the two beds...looked like it was not vacuumed in forever... Charge to get on Internet from your room.... Never did get connected even after two men came to my room to assist... Bed was too soft....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I do apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectation. Our brand standard is to provide excellence service. Please contact me at the hotel so that I may know in greater detail how we could have exceeded your expectations. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Gainesville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is old and dirty. The AC was broken, laud, and very dirty. Some of the electrical outlets did not work. It is ridiculous that you have to pay extra for internet and parking. The rooms don't have refrigerators, so when we asked for one they brought one that was old and dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There is no refrigerator

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. This is not our normal standard of service. I would like to invite you back to stay with us so that we may have the opportunity to help you experience a great stay. You may contact me at the hotel so that when you make your reservation I can personally assist you with getting all of your needs met. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Cross City, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel was great location in proximity to the medical school at UAB. One request that would have been nice would have been a mini fridge/microwave to make it more home like, but I know that's not always possible. Sue (the bartender in the lobby) is awesome!! She always went above and beyond to accommodate me.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. For your next reservation, we can put in remarks that you would like a refrigerator so that you may have it in your room when you arrive, complimentary of course. We are on the campus of UAB so anyone doing business with UAB or visiting the hospital will experience the convenience of only being a few blocks away. I hope you come back and visit with us soon. Thank you.
Tumwater, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an older hotel near downtown. It is a little dated but still met all of my needs with the one exception. The lobby bar's prices were outrageous. Nearly $10.00 for an amaretto, come on. The rooms were clean and the restaurant breakfast was good.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and had an enjoyable stay. Our breakfast is famous, for the taste and the high number of variety items we have for our guest to choose from. We have everything from salmon to biscuits and gravy. I hope you come back and visit with us soon. Thank you
Hastings, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel at the spur of the moment and the staff was accommodating in locating a reasonably priced room for my daughter and myself. The free parking in the garage was convenient. This hotel is very close to great restaurants if you choose to venture out. The room was clean, and spacious and the beds were nice and comfortable. They have a shuttle service to/from the airport which is very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I am so glad that our staff went above and beyond for you. At the Doubletree, we understand the importance of making our guest feel special. I hope for your next girls weekend you choose to stay with us again. Thank you