“Would not recommend” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Montgomery, United States
“Would not recommend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff was friendly and the fitness center was nice. However, there were stains on pillows, pillow cases, furniture, towels and bugs in one of the beds. I was also told that the internet service was free but found out later that I was charged $10/day for it. Unless I had to stay here for another work conference, I would not come to this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

THE accomodations were good. However asking for a 3 pm checkout was rebuffed repeatedly. As President of ALPHA (association holding the event) I needee a later 3:00 checkout to oversee the business meeting but there was little effort to accommodate. Also I need to call about 3 times for an iron.

Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Wonderful location, convenient & close to UAB! Stayed here two back-to-back weekends and can recommend it highly to anyone planning a trip to UAB or the hospitals nearby. Beds are comfy, small refrigerator available upon request. No roll-away beds however, or microwave in your room. Parking garage is super convenient. Complimentary coffee in the lobby, but no breakfast. A restaurant downstairs does serve a breakfast buffet, but it isn't complimentary. Very nice staff & friendly bartenders at the lounge. We will return when visiting Birmingham!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Birmingham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights. My experience was okay. The room wasn't as clean as it should have been. It was a little dusty, and there were mildew stains around the tub. I ordered room service a couple of times, and ate at the breakfast buffet once. The food was average. The location was great though. Very close to many of the sights I wanted to see in the city. The staff were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me so that I may know in greater detail what we could have done to exceed your expectations. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff extremely helpful taking my wife and me to the VA hospital at 5:45 am. Only suggestion would be to offer better discounts to Vets. The VA hospital is only 2 blocks away and I am sure more Vets would stay at the DoubleTree if given better discounts. The that I talked to stayed at other hotels miles from the hospital because the rates were considerably lower. It would be a positive move for the Hilton family and The DoubleTree downtown B'ham.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel Birmingham. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Its always good to hear when our associates treat our guests exceptionally well. We do offer many discounts, especially for our vets because we are just a block from the VA hospital. Please contact me at the hotel so that I may help ensure you are getting the best discount. Thank you
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel does not give complimentary internet or breakfast. The room had a water bottle left on the floor empty so obviously it wasn't thoroughly cleaned. The place needs an update for sure. It has a good location though I wish i would have gone to another hotel in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel Birmingham. I apologize that we didnt meet your expectations during your stay with us. I would be more than happy to speak personally about how we can improve. Your feedback is important to us because you are a valued guest and we dont want you to be discouraged from staying with us again. Excellence is our goal and our guest feedback is one of the most important ways we can achieve that goal on a daily, consistent basis. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Room air conditioner was very loud. I could have turned it off and opened a window, but the windows didn't open. Need to catch the 8:30 shuttle to the airport . But it was more like the 8:45ish shuttle....very stressful

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager, with the Doubletree hotel Birmingham. I apologize that your stay was not enjoyable. Please contact me at the hotel because I would like an opportunity to know what we could have done to make it better for you. I can certainly investigate the concerns you mention but feedback is very important to us because it is how we learn to make it better for our guest. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.