“Why DoubleTree Birmingham?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Spicewood, TX, United States
“Why DoubleTree Birmingham?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I must travel to Birmingham, AL from Austin, TX twice a year for medical reasons. I choose to stay to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton because it is centrally located, a very short drive to 5 Points and close to Birmingham landmarks and wonderful eating options, including theirRestaurant. I can relax knowing that the quality of my stay will be very high and my room and bed will be very comfortable. Although I don't use most of the amenities available, they are at my disposal! I highly recommend a stay at the DoubleTree Birmingham! Plus you get a warm cookie, too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay when you visit Birmingham. We are so close to so many restaurants and landmarks and entertainment. Only 2 blocks from the 5 points district that has over a dozen of restaurants and entertainment facilities. I hope you keep coming back to stay with us and I hope every stay is even more enjoyable than the last. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Birmingham, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great service and location in the 5 Points Area of town. Excellent WiFi and so close to the airport and St. Vincent's MC if you are working there. Break fast buffet was great and all the employees went out of their way to make you feel as if was truly the Hilton experieince we lovet to have. It is located in a great part of town where you can walk to some of the finest hotels in Birmingham with no concerns whatsoever. Could use a little updating in the decor and in the fintness area.

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We sincerely try to make our guest happy and if they do have concerns we do try and "Make it Right" for our guest so they know we appreciate their loyalty. We appreciate your loyalty and I hope you come back to visit with us soon. Thank you
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I'm up at 3:30am writing this because there is a woman next door singing Michael Jackson's greatest hits a the top of her lungs! Security is on the way.

Hotel is nice. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean and updated. But...the noise from the street below and from next door rooms is just awful! Paper thin walls! I have not gotten a good nights rest yet because of the noise. Probably one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rotorhead206
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize that you didn't get a restful night of sleep because of noise concerns. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. I understand how frustrating it can be when you don't have a good nights sleep. If you do choose to stay with us again please contact me so that I may be able to locate a quieter room for you so that you may have a more peaceful night. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I'm rather disappointed in this hotel. We picked it for its great location for UAB graduation. Check-in was as expected nothing out of the norm. The rooms are average, furniture is updated. Bathrooms show the age of the true age of the hotel, very small.

I'm on a HHonors floor but nothing really looks special about it to me. Same rooms I saw online. There isn't even a courtesy phone near the elevators. I had to go all the way back downstairs when our room keys didn't work. Well maybe the keys didn't work because the maid didn't want us to see the tornado she left in our room! The bed was striped bare and the comforter part in a chair part on the floor. Trash not emptied. We first thought "oh maybe she went to get something" but then we noted it was 4pm. We called downstairs. They gave the routine blurb that someone would be right up. 20 min later I finally went back downstairs and ask for linens to make my own bed! There were 6-7 folks behind the counter, one did speak up and say she thought the housekeeper was on the way. They finally ended up just going to get the linens and I have just made our hotel bed and cleaned up myself....at a hotel! And not one of the 6-7 people made an attempt at apologizing. They simply went on with what they were doing. Seems like they need to hire more housekeeping and not have so many faces standing at the desk. I won't stay here again, I do choirs at home, not when I'm on weekend getaways to hotels!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was a good place to stay nothing fabulous. The beds were small. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were extremely clean. I do noit feel they should charge to park your car at the rates they were charging. What happened to the all inclusive price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

They had great service, good rooms, good room service. I appreciated the free airport shuttle. It was a little noisy, I'm not sure whether there was a conference of young people. The noise didn't last too long. I would stay again.

Panama City Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have to visit UAB hospital every year for my wifes condition and always stay there. It is within walking distance to kirkland clinic and other treatment centers.The staff are wonderful and accomadating especially the shuttle van drivers. We also enjoy the restaurant on the lower level. We will be back in July for 5 days.