“Disappointment”

Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Disappointing stay Oct 7, 2013 completed a survey and correspondence with the manager over a room that was not clean; cookie crumbs in the seat cushion and hair all over the bathroom, Repeat visit on April 27th and check out on April 28th with notice of stay given to the manager; I was given a room that has not been cleaned. I had to carry my luggage back down stair and wait for another room assignment. Poor customer service and PR, I am looking for someone else to go for my stay during the week of June 10-13, 2014 on my return to Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Ardie P
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. Allow me to sincerely apologize for no one getting back with you. There are a number a variables that could have happened but I am unsure as to what happened. You may call or email me if you like so that I may help ensure your stay is better. I will investigate your concerns but I would need to speak with you about them so that I am able to better understand the details. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us and I would like an opportunity to invite you back to the hotel. If you choose to arrive to the hotel without contacting me first feel free to ask for me by name at the front desk and I would be more than happy to assist you with any of your needs. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Miami, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the location was great. But parking was $10.00, Internet was $10.00 and the breakfast buffet was $15.95. I was trying to save a few dollars and not go to another Days Inn where I could have all of the extra's free. Even if my continental breakfast was just coffee and donuts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us as our guests. We understand our guest have choices and being a downtown property is much different than a hotel on the outside of the city. Anything that I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable please just let me know and I will be more than happy to assist. Please call the hotel and ask for Michelle and it would be my pleasure to meet you and speak with you. Thank you and I hope you come again.
Spicewood, TX, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I must travel to Birmingham, AL from Austin, TX twice a year for medical reasons. I choose to stay to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton because it is centrally located, a very short drive to 5 Points and close to Birmingham landmarks and wonderful eating options, including theirRestaurant. I can relax knowing that the quality of my stay will be very high and my room and bed will be very comfortable. Although I don't use most of the amenities available, they are at my disposal! I highly recommend a stay at the DoubleTree Birmingham! Plus you get a warm cookie, too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. Thank you for choosing us as your hotel to stay when you visit Birmingham. We are so close to so many restaurants and landmarks and entertainment. Only 2 blocks from the 5 points district that has over a dozen of restaurants and entertainment facilities. I hope you keep coming back to stay with us and I hope every stay is even more enjoyable than the last. Thank you
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great service and location in the 5 Points Area of town. Excellent WiFi and so close to the airport and St. Vincent's MC if you are working there. Break fast buffet was great and all the employees went out of their way to make you feel as if was truly the Hilton experieince we lovet to have. It is located in a great part of town where you can walk to some of the finest hotels in Birmingham with no concerns whatsoever. Could use a little updating in the decor and in the fintness area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We sincerely try to make our guest happy and if they do have concerns we do try and "Make it Right" for our guest so they know we appreciate their loyalty. We appreciate your loyalty and I hope you come back to visit with us soon. Thank you
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I'm up at 3:30am writing this because there is a woman next door singing Michael Jackson's greatest hits a the top of her lungs! Security is on the way.

Hotel is nice. Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean and updated. But...the noise from the street below and from next door rooms is just awful! Paper thin walls! I have not gotten a good nights rest yet because of the noise. Probably one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rotorhead206
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize that you didn't get a restful night of sleep because of noise concerns. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. I understand how frustrating it can be when you don't have a good nights sleep. If you do choose to stay with us again please contact me so that I may be able to locate a quieter room for you so that you may have a more peaceful night. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I'm rather disappointed in this hotel. We picked it for its great location for UAB graduation. Check-in was as expected nothing out of the norm. The rooms are average, furniture is updated. Bathrooms show the age of the true age of the hotel, very small.

I'm on a HHonors floor but nothing really looks special about it to me. Same rooms I saw online. There isn't even a courtesy phone near the elevators. I had to go all the way back downstairs when our room keys didn't work. Well maybe the keys didn't work because the maid didn't want us to see the tornado she left in our room! The bed was striped bare and the comforter part in a chair part on the floor. Trash not emptied. We first thought "oh maybe she went to get something" but then we noted it was 4pm. We called downstairs. They gave the routine blurb that someone would be right up. 20 min later I finally went back downstairs and ask for linens to make my own bed! There were 6-7 folks behind the counter, one did speak up and say she thought the housekeeper was on the way. They finally ended up just going to get the linens and I have just made our hotel bed and cleaned up myself....at a hotel! And not one of the 6-7 people made an attempt at apologizing. They simply went on with what they were doing. Seems like they need to hire more housekeeping and not have so many faces standing at the desk. I won't stay here again, I do choirs at home, not when I'm on weekend getaways to hotels!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was a good place to stay nothing fabulous. The beds were small. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were extremely clean. I do noit feel they should charge to park your car at the rates they were charging. What happened to the all inclusive price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends