“Decent Hotel for Business Travelers”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel overnight and it was very accommodating. The staff was nice, the building/room was nice and clean, and the environment was relatively quiet. I only disliked having to pay for internet but that's not enough to cause me not to come back.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager for the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We always love to have business travelers feel at home when they choose to stay with us. We understand being in the downtown area things can get hectic every so often. So we try to create a pleasant, comfortable environment for our business travelers so you can focus on what's truly important during your stay with us, your work. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you and I hope you come and stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The hotel is a bit older, and there wasn't an on-site restaurant (only a bar). It is within walking distance, however, to the Five Points area (couple of blocks uphill) where there are many restaurants and a few shops (and Starbucks). It is also near the UAB and downtown and tourist sites. I'd probably stay again, although I wish that their shuttle would take guests to locations within a 3 mile radius. However, the cab to my business location about 1.5 miles away was only $5.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager for the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We try to always make sure our guests who are here on business are comfortable because we understand you need to focus. We try to accomodate as many guests requests as we can when it comes to our shuttle transportation. Our shuttle transport guests to the hospitals, airports and the 5 points south district restaurants, businesses and stores. I do hope you come back to visit with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Exeptional service from Reservation, Check-in and Check-out. The staff is professional, knowledgable and helpful. Double Tree Will be our Hotel of Choice when visiting Birmingham. We will recommend it to friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We appreciate you staying with us and its great to hear that our staff took care of you while you were our guests. We try to consistently go above and beyond for our guest because we understand we you have a choice and we want you to have outstanding reasons to choose us. Thank you

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We Stayed for 4 days in two rooms for daughter's graduation from UAB and did not have a very good room experience. reported the ac out in one room was never fixed. also the following are expenses you will incur! Parking is $10.00 a day! Internet is $10.00 a day! This hotel will nickel and dime you to death! No fridge in rooms, cheap coffeemaker and make sure your air conditioner works!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager of the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize for the concerns you experienced during your stay and I apologize that we were not able to take care of your concerns. I will investigate the situation so in effort that it wont happen again. Please contact me at the hotel, you may call me at the hotel 205-933-9000, or email me at medwards@columbiasussex.com. I hope to speak with you soon. Thank you

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am a flight attendant and have stayed at this hotel 5 times within the last year and half. In the past, I have always enjoyed my stay, but have always thought it to be more "average". My crew called for the van at 14:18 and were told it would be 15-20 min. We called again at 14:41 and they hung up on my pilot, so he called back at 14:42. He called a third time at 14:48 and was told again by Megan in the customer service department that it would be 20 min. We were picked up at 15:08.

The van driver told us that he was not told about the van ride until just a few minutes before three.

The staff was very rude to us when we arrived at the hotel and asked to to step aside while they checked in other guests.

Waiting over 45 min for a hotel can that is no more than 12 min away from the airport with no sufficient excuse is very frustrating (especially when we've already lost 5 hrs of scheduled overnight time).

Aside from the poor customer service, I have always been very happy with my room and the gym. DoubleTree uses LifeFitness equipment which usually runs very smoothly and they have a great set of free weights and a few resistance (multi work out) machines. There's a few places to eat within walking distance and it's a cute little down, though I haven't done very much exploring around Birmingham.

I feel like the van situation could have been handled better. I would have prefered to be told why the van driver was unavailable to pick us up on time rather than be told 20 min after 20 min, only to have to wait an hour at the airport. Had I known about the wait, I could have got something to eat during my wait.

2  Thank Courtney R

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I am glad that your other times staying with us was good but I sincerely apologize for this most recent unpleasant experience. Please, the next time you come to visit please ask for me so that I may speak with concerning this experience. I certainly will investigate the situation so that it doesn't happen again. Again, I apologize and I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The room was really clean except the bathroom is not perfectyl cleaned. The front desk is busy to follow up the custmers questions and concerns, espically when it comes to using the internet at the lobby.

1  Thank Gerges A

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize that we gave you the impression that we are too busy. We are always to take our time with guest to make sure there is understanding and to ensure you are fully satisfied with any questions you may have. That is not our typical service and please call and speak with me further about your concern so that I may get more details and I will correct the situation so that it wont happen again. I would like to invite you back so that you may have a chance to have a better experience and I will help ensure your stay is better. Thank you and I hope to speak with soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was in town on business. This hotel had excellent mattresses that gave me a better night's rest than I actually get at home.I slept wonderfully while being surrounded and supported by a multitude of pillows. The hotel also has an excellent fitness room.

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Doubletree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We try to always accomodate our business travelers because being in the heart of downtown we mostly attract business travelers so anything that we can do to make your stay comfortable so that you can work more efficiently, we do. I hope you come back to visit with us. Thank you