“Lovely and comfortable hotel”

Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Bear, Delaware
“Lovely and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

no complaints....beautiful room...unfortunatly I didnt have a good view...but thats not going to negatively influence my review. I loved the bed, the hd tv, there was good coffee in room, lighting, shower, outlet next to bed to charge my phone...lovely pillows, great cool air conditioning and.....GREAT BAR/RESTAURANT downstairs. Shame it closed early...or maybe it was best it did...;). short walk to downtown - staff here were great. They should be a benchmark to other hotels I stay in who might need retraining.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view....I was looking at walls....so I saw nothing of Birmingham AL
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Michelle E, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Hello,
This is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I apologize we didn't get you a city view this visit but contact the hotel for your future visit and we will put it in remarks and comments section so we can make sure we adhere to your request.
We appreciate you staying with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back and visit. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have returned to Birmingham for business and will be flying in and out until mid Sept. It is important for me to get an early check in and late check outs. This hotel has been exceedingly accommodating to my business needs. Tabitha at the front desk was sure to have a room waiting for me and was mindful to pay attention to the minor details, of what floor, view and elevator accessibility I desired. Jeff, at the front desk welcomed me last week and was quick to respond to my questions and needs. The only downfall of the hotel, is that the bar food does not compare to the high standards of the employees. I can only attest to the bar food though, not the restaurant. If I return to Birmingham, I would stay here again, due to the vigilant assistance of the staff. Thank you

Room Tip: 13th floor facing west
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello,
We appreciate you staying with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We have many guests to stay with us that are travelling on business because we are in the heart of the south side downtown district. It is great knowing our staff was there for you and we were able to accommodate you with your specific needs. I hope you come back and visit and if you do, contact me personally so that I may help ensure your stay is even more great and enjoyable. Thank you
Purvis, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I love Doubletree the cookies are Awesome... the only reason i gave them a 4 is because i had No micriwave nor fridge. the staff was GREAT!!! Everthing else surpassed my expectations..i would stay here again & recommend to friends just not for
extended stay... Great Job..

• Stayed August 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. For your next stay, we do have refrigerators available upon request and we have a microwave located on the lobby floor for all of our guest to utilize. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back and visit and if you do contact me personally so that I may help ensure your stay is even more great and enjoyable. Thank you
Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were in Birmingham for a quick girls getaway. This hotel is lovely and easy to get to - and had parking right at our floor. The staff was helpful and everything was clean and nice. Close to lots of things.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank JLL2010
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, guest service manager at the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. We appreciate you staying with us and I am glad our staff was able to assist in making your stay great. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back and visit and if you do contact me personally so that I may help ensure your stay is even more great and enjoyable. Thank you
Lavergne, Tn
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Birmingham is a progressive city on the move. The Doubletree Hilton is a great location for sight seeing etc. One of the main attractions in city is the Civil Rights museum. The Hotel provides information for these tourist attractions.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, guest service manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I am excited to know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back to visit to further enjoy Birmingham, Al. Birmingham is a growing city with a lot to offer and experience. We hope when you return to the city that you may choose us again. Thank you and I hope you come back to visit soon.
Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice location, very convenient for business at University of Alabama at Birmingham, but deficient in quality. A/C units in the rooms are old, dusty and noisy (at least the one I stayed, and mind that I am a Hilton Honor member)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Birmingham, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I am glad that you gave feedback on your stay and its nice to hear how you enjoyed the convenience of our hotel being close to UAB. I do apologize about your A/C unit not working properly. It is our commitment to make it right for all of our guests at the Double tree hotel. We would have been more than happy to assist with your unit while you were here. I hope you are not discouraged from staying with us again. I do hope you come back and visit and if you do please contact me at the hotel and after your reservation is made I can have maintenance personally inspect your A/C unit to ensure its in better working order. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.
Hickory
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff are great at this hotel - very friendly and great with restaurant recommendations in the downtown area. The rooms were adequate but have comforters on the beds. The AC only goes down to 70 degrees, and I was hot most of the night. There is no blanket in the rooms to replace the comforter. The hallway carpet looked dirty and stained, but the room was clean and did not have stained carpet. I did not use any amenities at the hotel so can't comment on them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to know that many of our staff members were exceptional during your stay. But, please contact me in regards to the staff that were not professional. We pride ourselves on giving the best customer service, so I would definitely like to request details concerning your experience so that we are able to rectify the situation. You are a valued guest and your satisfaction is our main objective. Please contact me at the hotel and I will be more than glad to help with your concerns. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.