“Club level staff”

Sheraton Birmingham
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Carolyn is a asset to the staff of the hotel. She has a fantastic personality. She was very helpful and very polite to everyone in the area. I wish I had all of my employees watch her and follow her way of making sure the customer has a very plesant experience.

Room Tip: It is pet friendly and our Dexter enjoyed his stay very much.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Birmingham

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Short stay on business and up early for the buffet breakfast in the hotel's Atrium restaurant. Carolyn my server was the best! Excellent service and a real pleasure to talk to. Thanks for keeping the coffee and juice coming. Good experience all around!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked a trip and had to cancel because several people fell ill. Jocelyn in in-house reservations was polite, understanding, and lovely. Everyone, in fact, with whom I spoke at the hotel was so friendly and helpful. It made me sorry that we aren't staying there. . . Will definitely stay HERE whenever in Birmingham.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very convenient to the BJCC. Room was nice but small. Atrium restaurant was very tasty but it took a while to get a table. Room service is outrageous and th indoor pool was closed for renovation which wasn't mentioned when making the reservation. This pool has been closed for a year now. Check in was speedy and very courteous. Keep your room key when you check out or you'll have to pay $8 for parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodi C
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I were so appreciative of the service we received from Carolyn in the Atrium restaurant. It has been a long time since I have been so well taken care of by a server! Also, the food was delicious, and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I hope that business brings me to this hotel again, simply so that I can enjoy brunch at the Atrium again--and of course, I will request Carolyn!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My overall experience with the hotel staff was excellent. In particular, I had a most enjoyable experience at breakfast. My server was Carolyn and she epitomizes outstanding customer service delivered with a most charming Southern personality.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed over night for the Pink concert. The hotel is an amazing location. However, location is where it stopped for me. I expect a lot from the Sheraton brand, and especially for the price that we paid for the room. When getting off the lifts and walking to the room, the hotel showed its age. The carpets were stained. The air conditioner sensor never worked properly in my room and and it never did cool properly. The bed was comfortable, but I would not say that the room was the cleanest in the world. The hotels website advertised that the pool was closed, yet it seemed open to me. When I got off the lift to my room on the 12th floor there was a strong oder of bad Chinese Food and dog. While walking to and from the room we could hear dogs barking. The ceiling (popcorn) was peeling, the walls were in a general state of disrepair, and the hotel lived up more to what I would have expected from a Days Inn than a Sheraton. After walking into the room, the furniture was worn, and sparse. The bathtub had decent pressure, but it took a bit to figure out turning on the shower (of course, that could have been because of the time of night I was taking a shower as well) It was also almost next to impossible to find the guide to the local TV channels.

With that said. The staff for the most part was very nice. Check in was easy and check out was just about as easy. One thing is for sure, you cannot argue with the location if attending an event at the BJCC. This was my first time in Birmingham, and if the price were right, maybe I would consider staying at this property again, however, it would really have to be a good rate for me to consider it. There are too many hotels in the vicinity including a Westin just as easily accessible. I hope the hotel can consider my comments as constructive and not necessarily negative, as this hotel has amazing potential, and as I said, the location is excellent, especially if attending an event - but it was far from having lived up to the expectations that I had, and have in many ways made me reconsider the Sheraton brand for future travel.

Room Tip: Perhaps the atrium rooms are nicer, the tower was in sad shape.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple