“Atrium Cafe”

GreenLeadersSilver level
WICHITA FALLS
“Atrium Cafe”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

As an airline pilot I get to experience restaurant service in many different hotels all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I want to identify a lady who is a waitress at the Atrium Cafe of the Sheraton Hotel of Burmingham, AL. Her name is Carolyn. Her customer service is among the best I've experienced. Thank you, Carolyn, for your attention to customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that is specifically designated as the "quiet floor."
Green Features: This Sheraton has a recycle waste container in every room.
1 Thank Greg_Findlay
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Greg_Findlay,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Carolyn was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team. We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!

Angelica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The location, food, and rooms were excellent. The staff was wonderful; however, the customer service provided by LaKisha M. at the front desk during check out was exceptional. The level of knowledge and patience Lakisha M. displayed when resolving my biling issues was impressive. She was solution driven and refused to allow me to leave the hotel with my situation unresolved. I truly appreciated her concern, care, and the tenacity she displayed when addressing my concerns.

orlando
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a 3 day conference. This property is huge and is connected to the convention center (Tip: be sure to find out what is going on at the convention center during your stay here. Some of the events are no charge so you can check them out if you have any free time).

The guest rooms are spacious and clean, the bathrooms are on the small side but adequate. I got the feeling that this was an older property, but the rooms have been kept up well. Their brochure indicates they have a whirlpool, but it was tiled over and no longer existed. The gym area is 24 hrs and good enough.

Couple of pluses about this property: free bottled water in your room daily, free usage of the computers in the business center, and the beds are amazingly comfortable. I traveled with a group of six colleagues and we all raved about how good we slept. The property is about 10 minutes drive from the airport and they have a free shuttle (which I did not take). The property is about a 30 minute walk to the Civil Rights Museum which is a must see. Overall good stay.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bjfraz
Thank you for the great review. I'm really happy to hear you had a great stay with us. I agree with you and your colleagues, our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed are extremely comfortable…it's one of the best things about our guest rooms.I really appreciate the business and your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent location for BJCC events. Concierge level was nice and lounge area was accomadating. Fitness facility is far from rooms. It is a very busy hotel with lots of conference space. Excellent place for the fast paced but if you like slow and quiet this is not the place for you. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed March 2014
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Beth P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. It is great to hear that you would definitely stay here again and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Although our room had a great balcony view and the beds slept great, housekeeping was disappointing. The first night I called for an extra set of towels (4 guests in room, only towels for 3) and they never arrived. At the end of a long day of meetings we returned to the room to discover housekeeping had never come by to clean. I had to call again. Thankfully we received clean towels, but I had to pick up all the dirty towels to give to the man who delivered the clean ones. No one ever came to clean the room, refresh the coffee supplies, etc. The hotel knew that there would be a convention going on (it's located next to the Convention Center) but they seemed unprepared for hundreds of guests. Check in was very slow. Won't pick this place again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear AmyCoveington,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay. I was very disappointed to hear about the myriad of problems you encountered while staying with us and would like to extend a sincere apology to you. Our veteran hospitality staff is very proud of the level of service they provide and I'm truly sorry that this was not the case on your recent visit. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence and show us the service levels we're known for.

Geraldine, Alabama
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We traveled with a large school group. Check in took 5 hours! Refrigerators and microwaves were removed from our rooms and were available to us for a $25 fee EACH! Checkout was terrible! Trying to get thousands and students and chaperones out by 9:30 am and they decided that one elevator needed ceramic tile installed that day. I did have a great experience with a gentleman that worked there. After I finally made it to ground level, he asked me if I needed assistance. He carried my bags to the car and even packed my car for me! There was no complementary breakfast and a bowl of cereal costed $9, an omelet $12 and stack of pancakes $14.

Room Tip: make sure you have a refrigerator and microwave
1 Thank SuZy P
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear SuZy P

Thank you, first and foremost, for your feedback and for taking the time to write us and share the details of what you have experienced during your stay. We take all guest communication very seriously and greatly appreciate receiving detailed comments such as yours so that management is aware, our staff is informed and we may resolve any and all issues as soon as possible.
Please be assured that this is not reflective of the service level that we strive to provide and your feedback has been shared with our management team so that they can highlight the concerns with our associates to prevent a similar occurrence from happening in the future.

Again, thank you for your sincere feedback which assists us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. We hope that we might have an opportunity to make this experience up to you so that you have no reservations to stay with us again in the future.

Marketing Coordinator
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and there was a problem with my rewards account. Lakisha Moore was very helpful in addressing the issue and providing help that ultimately resolved the issue. Thank you Lakisha. I will happily return to your hotel!

Dear budhakiki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their service and experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! It is so wonderful to hear that Lakisha was able to make your stay with us more enjoyable! Our staff truly cares for our guests and we love to see that shine through. Your kind words regarding the friendly service of our staff are greatly appreciated and we look forward to sharing them with our team.

We are so happy to hear you will be back for another stay in the future!