“Great stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Arrived in town around 11 and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Very nice.
The vending machine's credit card machine wasn't working on our floor but no real complaints. Stuff happens!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brandy222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Birmingham Sheraton on business. It is located next to the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center and is in a prime location; right off the interstate. It is one of the largest hotels in the state and one of the most recognizable.

My room was on the 10th floor looking out over the interstate. However, you can get a room facing the atrium as well. My room was large and comfortable and included a small fridge.

The hotel includes a large meeting area. I was there for a conference and you can get lost if not careful! One of the best things about the property is there is so much to do without even going outside. The parking garage, the Westin, and the BJCC are all connected. There is also a new area called Uptown that includes dining options such as Todd English P.U.B. Uptown is located closer to the Westin but you can still get there without going out. Dining options inside the Sheraton include The Atrium...located in the atrium!...Casey's Sports Bar for lunch, dinner and drinks and there is also an area in the atrium that serves coffee and bakery items at breakfast.

The service at the Sheraton was great, very friendly and if you are wandering around looking lost they will ask to help you.

Overall, a good location and a good place to stay.

2 Thank Hrpamw
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Hrpamw,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our dining facilities and Uptown. We hope to see you again soon.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed on the "Club" level for our stay. The carpet and fixtures were worn and showing age, the wallpaper was peeling in places and I have had a bigger bathroom at a Motel 6. The hallway and common areas were HOT. I was pouring sweat by the time I got to the elevator from my room. The AC in the room never got the room cool the entire night. One of the wall light fixtures was broken and when I called to see about moving to another room (it was Memorial Day Weekend the hotel was almost empty), I was told moving rooms was against policy until the engineer checked out my report. I asked when the engineer could check out my report and was told an hour to 90 minutes. We couldn't wait because we had dinner reservations. Most of the staff we encountered treated us like they were doing us a favor by allowing us to stay there. So, we got stuck in a room with peeling wallpaper, crappy AC and broken light fixture for our getaway night. All that for $210.00 with taxes and valet. I emailed the management and have not received a response. Thank you for ruining my birthday and wasting my money, Sheraton!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcdowellmp
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello mcdowellmp,

Thank you for review about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. This is not the level of service you should expect when staying here and definitely not the level of service we pride ourselves on. Please connect with me so we may discuss your concerns futher at angelica.thomas@sheraton.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Our room on the 15th floor was spacious and very nice, with comfortable beds. We got this room for a very fair price. There were two primary complaints: First, the self parking is far away and we were encouraged not to unload our baggage in front of the hotel if we were not going to use the valet. This seemed like unreasonably poor service. In addition, we requested a mini - fridge and were told it would cost $25! This is an outrageous sum for something that most often comes with a room anyway. If it hadn't been for these issues this hotel would deserve a higher rating.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello oaklandfamtravelers,

I would first like to thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I would also like to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I have passed your review on to the appropriate department heads. Again, thank you for your feedback and I would like to invite you back to give us another try.

Maryville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Carpet and Floors worn and showing age but everything was very clean. Had room on 7th floor overlooking atrium. Beds are doubles not Queens. Matresses ok but pillows were to die for!
Breakfast Buffett $16.95 each person was superb. Main complaint - loud doors when they close, heard one slam shut at 3 a.m. and thought it was a gun going off. Only other dislike was if you don't use valet parking you can pull in front of the hotel to check in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello Brenda B,

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Sweet Sleeper pillows and the breakfast buffet at the Atrium Cafe. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed in the Sheraton for a 6-day business trip. If you are attending a conference or a business trip it was fine. Pros - nice large room on the Starwood Preferred floor (15th floor Atrium), comfortable bed/bedding, large work station, good workout room and free internet. Cons - atrium level was noisy - ask for Tower Rooms if you are a light sleeper and bathroom was small. Room service stops at 11:00 p.m.

Travel Note: Taxis are VERY sketchy!!! Please be aware and use the Sheraton Shuttle when possible. Most restaurants in Downtown Area are closed on Sundays so it was hard to find a place to eat. If you want to walk to restaurants - I would recommend the newer restaurants right next to the Westin (connected to Sheraton) or the Todd English restaurant in the Westin (excellent food and drink!)

If I was returning for a personal trip - I would select the Westin … newer, more upscale and nicer amenities.

Room Tip: Starwood Floor away from the freeway (1507 - 1512 Atrium are good rooms)
Greetings JBMBZ,

Thank you for your informative review! We hope to see you again soon!

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The staffs is very friendly and courteous. The room was big and clean but a bit "tired". I stayed on the club floor. The wallpaper was ripped in some places. The furniture was old with lots of dings. The room had a look of motel quality rather then Sheraton. There was no safe in the room. Bedding though was very comfortable, especially pillows.

Room Tip: If you need a good night sleep 1659 is a good choice
Hello Olga P,

Thank you for providing us feedback about your stay with us.The Sheraton Birmingham Hotel takes the maintenance of our Hotel to heart as it affords you (our guest) a delightful stay. To that end, the Sheraton Birmingham Hotel has recently instituted the Guest Room Enhancement and Technical Program or GREAT Program. This program requires inspection of over 100 items throughout the room. Depending on condition this may take several hours or several days as the room is not used until it passes this inspection and all defects are corrected. The program inspects each room at least three times throughout the year and unfortunately it sounds like your room had not yet gone through the program. Again, thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again soon.