“friendly, comfy, convenient”

Sheraton Birmingham
Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Im a woman of few words but I have traveled around the world and I only had a 1 night stay with the Sheraton. I wish I could've stayed longer because the beds were so inviting, clean and comfortable. I was there for an event at the BJCC and because the hotel was connected to the center, I didn't have to drive anywhere. If I were to give a complaint then I guess it would be that there was no free wifi in the rooms. It was located in the lobby only. Overall the experience was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vita G
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello Vita G,

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location of this hotel to BJCC is perfect. We were there for Antiques Roadshow and literally got off the elevator and walked across the sky walk to the Convention Center without even having to walk outdoors. Go ahead and plan on opting for the valet service. It is just too convenient and not terribly expensive. The guys out front were also super nice and helpful when it came to getting our stuff in and out of the hotel and car. There is an Atrium Cafe and a sports bar/grill with easy access and good hours. There is a Subway (restaurant) right near the main entrance that was convenient. There is a hotel store that stayed open later than most hotel stores. It also had a good selection of simple breakfast bars, snacks, drinks, etc. The mattresses were not the greatest but they also were not the worst. Our room was really nice. The only reason I did not give it a five was because I was awakened several times with noisy hallway traffic and overzealous guests in the wee hours. This is not to blame the hotel for the other guest but rather to say the walls/doors must be a bit thin. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I had a reason to visit the BJCC. One last thing, if you are checking in at prime time, prepare for a wait. Even with five attendants checking folks in, it took us at least thirty to forty minutes once we were in the lobby. There was a guy passing out freshly popped popcorn which eased the wait time a little.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel really was looking forward to taking the kids to the pool as soon as we got in, we were told it was closed for a cleaning issue, really do you not maintain your pool. Pool was also very small. Hotel was not properly staffed to handle the amount of people that were there, very long checking lines

Hello petitpeople,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed overnight as we cruised through Birmingham. The hotel is pretty and very clean, but I did had a couple of issues. First, there is NO pet areas within the hotel so you have to exit the hotel to walk your dog, and at 9 pm, who really wants to in the middle of the city? The hotel staff claimed they have security cameras but that didn't ease my feelings regarding my safety.
The parking situation is horrible, first of all is advertised as included, but you either have to pay for a parking meter (all were taken that night) or you can use they garage for $8 a day.
I couldn't recommend this hotel if you are traveling with young kids or pets, very pretty but inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Bikramchandler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for a technology conference. They place was clean and quiet and nice looking. No microwave or fridge in the room. Ate at the sports grill place and it was okay. Only negative thing to me was the size of the hotel. This place is huge! It's a rather long walk from the parking garage to the room. Oh, and the bed was too firm for me.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The breakfast buffet was one of the best ever. It had everything for a really enjoyable breakfast. Carolyn was outstanding. She kept my coffee cup full (which required many trips) and went out of her way to be helpful. She made my breakfast experience today!

1  Thank Grady D
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

For the rate (StarPoints), this hotel is a great value. If I had paid more than $100 a night, I would be disappointed though. The room was a little on the dirty side. The beds were barely made and there was a "hair" on the toilet. Also, the sink would fill up because it wouldn't drain. Decent hotel but housekeeping and maintenance could be a little better. We have stayed in many Starwood hotels and this room may have been one of the least clean rooms that I have seen from Starwood.

Stayed: June 2014